• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Billye,

Thanks for the information.

Do you also have DES too?

Hasan

Originally posted by Silverlady View Post
    I actually am wearing the frame you suggested Dr. Bazan. The nose pieces can be adjusted and even tho my lens are pretty thick, the light weight frame is wonderful. I have a small bridge on my nose and the optician bent the earpieces directly down over my ears to anchor them. That takes a lot of pressure off my nose. Just be sure the nose piece isn't too tight. They also are available with a sunglass clip which is very lightweight. Get the darkest you can, it helps. They also added a small amt of lens to the bottom of mine so that they would cover more of the eyesocket.

Billye

Comment

Originally posted by hasan View Post
      Hi Dianat,

Thank you so much for your long and caring reply.

Right now, i am doing every thing i can inclulding punctual plugs, systane, Lotemax, warm compress, fish oil/flaxseed oil and so on. My dry eye condistion is getting better, but slowly. I am seeing an eye doctor too, but i feel he is not so exprienced since this is such a small town. Any how i am getting a little better and i am happy with that. Among all the approaches i am trying now, i feel warm compress helps me the best. I made a hug rice bag a while ago, it worked great but i was afraid it was too dry for my skin. So, i bought a few instant hot packs. Those work very well together with a wet washcloth and i am really enjoying the hot and moisture now.

Also, there is a magic therapy: onion wine. My wife found that online a few weeks ago and made one bottle for me. I tried for a couple of days and the effect was amazing. My eyes were so much stronger and saw much clearer. The best was my facial pain was much better. I couldn't believe the results!! However, i stopped using after a short while because i was on Lotemax and i felt the wine would maybe make the inflammation worse. You know i am from China and i believe food and nutrition do affect eyes and inflammation. Yesterday, however, after seeing my eye doctor, i decided to use the onion wine again because the facial pain is worse to live with. Last night, i drank like 25 ml and i felt much more comfortable this morning. Hopefully, it won't make the inflammation worse.

I strongly recommend onion wine to you and very likely it will help you too. I am very sure about the receipe now, but briefly like the following:Buy one bottle regular wine, regular size and 3 onions. Slice all the 3 onions and put the silces into another bigger bottle together with the wine. It will be done after 1 week. Drink 25 ml every day, maximum 50 ml, i know it's very little but believe me the wine will be super strong. In addition, the onion wine is very good for overall health such as sleeping problems, high blood pressure...

Thank you again for your kindness and i will post followups here.

Best,
      Hasan
      Hi Hasan - is it possible to buy the onion wine and if so, where would i buy it?

Comment

Hi Acarol,

It's just wine+onion, you can make it by yourself easily. One botlle regular wine + 3 onions, let it sit for one week.

Good luck.

Hasan

Originally posted by acarol View Post
        Hi Hasan - is it possible to buy the onion wine and if so, where would i buy it?

Comment

I got different frames and much, much lighter lenses and it solved the problem for me. It was very painful.

Comment

Sjogren's

Hi Hasan,
            Yes I have severe dry eyes. I have Sjogren's syndrome and rheumatoid arthritis both of which cause dry eyes. There are times of the year when I am unable to wear regular glasses and have to revert to Panoptyx goggle type eyeglasses. When the heat isn't running and the airconditioner season hasn't gotten here, it is much better and I can wear regular glasses some. I hope you can work this out. I'm sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable.

Billye

Comment

Just wondering has anyone tried the onion wine?

Comment

Hi Silverlady,

thanks for the reply.

Meanwhile, i am feeling a little better now. I am doing warm compresses, fish/flaxseed oil, Lotemax, and also dring onion wine. I am not so sure how each one is working, but i do feel the onion wine and warm compress work the best for me.

I will post some progress report later because i am kind of busy this week.

Thanks,

Hasan

Originally posted by Silverlady View Post
                Hi Hasan,
                Yes I have severe dry eyes. I have Sjogren's syndrome and rheumatoid arthritis both of which cause dry eyes. There are times of the year when I am unable to wear regular glasses and have to revert to Panoptyx goggle type eyeglasses. When the heat isn't running and the airconditioner season hasn't gotten here, it is much better and I can wear regular glasses some. I hope you can work this out. I'm sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable.

Billye

Comment

Hasan,

I too have facial pain, I am seeing a neurologist and she put me on Neurotin. I am taking 900mg daily and still feel some pain/pressure tenderness around my right eye/eyebrow/temple/eyeshocket on top of the bone dry eye feeling.

I find the warm compress to work the best for me, I don't like eye drops, they seem to make it worse for me. I do use a night time ointment.

Tell me about this wine, is it white wine or red wine or just table wine? Can you be more specific? (I don't drink---so I don't know much) Do you eat the onions too or just let the favor soak into the wine?

I hope your pain subsides. Thanks for all the information you have given the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by hasan View Post
                    Hello,

I have pretty bad dry eyes and am working on them with my eye doctor.. However, the worst thing is i have facial pain/irritation along where my glasses touch my face, especially the nosepads. It's not really pain, but more irritation and disactraction. This casues big problems to my daily life because i can't conentrate myself so well.

Does anybody else have or have known such cases. I searched this site, but there is only more other case and no other information available.

I am very upset and desperate now. I am doing everything for my dry eyes and they are getting better, however, this facial pain problem, is really out of my control and my eye doctor (i am in a small town in Ohio) can not do anything...

Please if any of you has any information, let me know, thank you so much.

Hasan
                    I have hayfever symptoms where my sinuses get full and my face tightens then it will stop and it will happen again,especially in my cheeks..I believe it is the sinus that could be causing your facial pain.I got a neti pot and do sinus washes.It seemed to help but I still have dry eyes.You can buy it at any dept store.Good luck.

Comment

Hi Marina,

Warm compress works great for me too. However, i am on Restasis and wearing contacts now, so doing warm compress is kind of unconvenient for me.

And also the heat pack is an issue. Right now, i am using an instant type of heat pack, it lasts very long,+30 minuts, but i am concerned with the material of the packing bag, the fluid itslef is very safe though. I do it once in the morning before i use restasis and put contacts in. and then do the second time in the evening. BTW,
                      Restasis is really a pain of $$$$$.

It's hard to find cases with facial pain, so please let's keep in contact here. I am trying OAsys contact lenses, they are great, my facial pain is relieved, however, i am not sure how they work in the long run because the dry eyes.

good luck to you.

Hasan

Originally posted by Marina26 View Post
                      Hasan,

I too have facial pain, I am seeing a neurologist and she put me on Neurotin. I am taking 900mg daily and still feel some pain/pressure tenderness around my right eye/eyebrow/temple/eyeshocket on top of the bone dry eye feeling.

I find the warm compress to work the best for me, I don't like eye drops, they seem to make it worse for me. I do use a night time ointment.

Tell me about this wine, is it white wine or red wine or just table wine? Can you be more specific? (I don't drink---so I don't know much) Do you eat the onions too or just let the favor soak into the wine?

I hope your pain subsides. Thanks for all the information you have given the rest of us.

Comment

Hey, Dee,

Thansk for your information. It's amazing, i mean this neti pot.

My pain syptoms are not only around my nose, when i wear frame glasses, the place where the legs touch my ears have an irritating feeling too.

Hasan.

Originally posted by Dee View Post
                        I have hayfever symptoms where my sinuses get full and my face tightens then it will stop and it will happen again,especially in my cheeks..I believe it is the sinus that could be causing your facial pain.I got a neti pot and do sinus washes.It seemed to help but I still have dry eyes.You can buy it at any dept store.Good luck.

Comment

I use red wine. I don't drink too. But of this onion wine, 25-50 ml per day is enough, it's just a little cup. And it's very very strong regardless of the alcohol level of the original wine.

My feeling is the onion wine works great for the overall eye health, especially for the strength of vision. But if you have inflammation, you might use only 25 ml per day.

And also the oniion wine helps sleep, much deeper and faster, works better than sleeping pills. Many people in Asia actually call it Magic Wine.

It's easy to make: 1.5 Liter red wine + slice onion, 1 week, eat onion or not, upt to you, I don't.

Good luck.

Hasan

Originally posted by Marina26 View Post
                          Hasan,

Comment

Hi Hasan I have the same problem as you with my glasses I have had it now for over a year, have you found a solution I would be so grateful if you could share your solution thank you in advance mags xx

Comment

Working...
                            X