managing the pain (mental technique)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• managing the pain (mental technique)

I have found this technique very useful since I randomly woke up 6 months ago with extreme eye irritation. I keep an old picture of myself, when I didn't have any eye discomfort or think about my eyes 24/7, and I look at it and tell myself I will get back there one day. Simple technique but it seems to really help me get through the days.

tremendous wisdom

There are so many healing traditions that tell us simply to visualize a better time ahead, and see ourselves doing all the things we cannot do at the moment. . .and I have always found it nearly impossible to do this. . .

The idea of using a photo of oneself in a better state is, I think, real genius. . It may get those of us who are visualization-challenged over the hurdle! Thank you for this really terrific suggestion!
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

I like the idea. I used to consider myself very fit and athletic. Fun guy to be with. Now I am a grouch don't talk to friends or even family much. I deal with chronic pain everyday. Just get up and go. Anyway your idea about self image I think is important as it can be motivating for me.

I am very self conscious about my looks. Have to wear eyeglass. Even worse and feels like bag over eyes as eyelids are heavy. Let myself physically go. Hard to get motivated to work out when you just feel like ---fatigued.

I am gonna give it a try.

Comment

Working...
      X