Pain/Difficulties Sleeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain/Difficulties Sleeping

For the past few weeks I have been experiencing eye pain when I lay on my back or side, making it very difficult to get to sleep. It is often an extension of the pain I experience during the day. After I have been on my back for a while, my eyes start to throb with pain and sometimes it even wakes me. Or, in the mornings if I am laying in bed they will start to ache or be painful as I am waking up. When the pain is really bad at night, I will take an Ambien to help sleep, but I am trying to get away from this habit.

I can no longer use the tranquileyes with the foam inserts because they push on my eyes (even if they are really lose) and cause them to ache. Sometimes I will use them without the foam inserts, but sometimes even then just the pressure around my eyes is painful. Sigh. And I thought I had my nighttime routine dialed in.

I am also noticing the pain when I move a certain way. For example, in yoga I am really noticing a sore/aching feeling (especially bending over, etc.) Sometime by the end of class, my eyes are throbbing with the pain. It isn't fair!! Yoga has been keeping me going, but now it seems like even this is becoming difficult.

Does anybody else experience this sort of pain??

Hi MDE,

Sorry for the late reply, but I just saw this message. When I have pain at night it is usually just an extension of whatever pain I had during the day. It is more of a deep aching feeling and does not go away when I close my eyes even when they are full of gel. I wouldn't say it wakes me up, but does keep me from falilng asleep. This might sound strange, but if you are trying to get off the prescription sleep aid, try Valerian Root. It is a natural supplement that you can get at most places you buy vitamins. I used to use it in my early days after lasik for anxiety at night, and it really does help me sleep. I still use it now if my eyes are in bad shape and distracting me from sleeping at night. You can also get in in tea. Celestial seasonings make a "wellness tea" that I like. It says "sleepytime extra" on the box since it has valerian in it. Praying at night when I'm laying in bed also helps me calm down and relax.

Also in place of the tranquileyes, I know how sometimes they feel like they are applying a bit too much pressure. Sometimes in place of them I will just use a soft sleep mask that does not put as much pressure on my eyes. If you try the Valerian Root, let me know what you think. I was surprised when someone mentioned it to me, but it REALLY helps me relax and sleep. Good luck!

-Shells

Comment

Originally posted by MyDryEyes View Post
      For the past few weeks I have been experiencing eye pain when I lay on my back or side, making it very difficult to get to sleep. It is often an extension of the pain I experience during the day. After I have been on my back for a while, my eyes start to throb with pain and sometimes it even wakes me. Or, in the mornings if I am laying in bed they will start to ache or be painful as I am waking up. When the pain is really bad at night, I will take an Ambien to help sleep, but I am trying to get away from this habit.

I can no longer use the tranquileyes with the foam inserts because they push on my eyes (even if they are really lose) and cause them to ache. Sometimes I will use them without the foam inserts, but sometimes even then just the pressure around my eyes is painful. Sigh. And I thought I had my nighttime routine dialed in.

I am also noticing the pain when I move a certain way. For example, in yoga I am really noticing a sore/aching feeling (especially bending over, etc.) Sometime by the end of class, my eyes are throbbing with the pain. It isn't fair!! Yoga has been keeping me going, but now it seems like even this is becoming difficult.

Does anybody else experience this sort of pain??
      Could you be more specific? what kind of pain, is it dryness of the eye, or is it pressure behind and around the eyes? you know, their are sinus cavities behind your eyes, and the sides of the them. this could be what is causing your pain.......

rhad

Comment

Working...
      X