Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awful Stabbing burning pain

Hi Gayle,
    My name is Deb and I have been dealing with this same pain as you explain for about 5 months. I have seen 6 ophtamalogist 1 at the Mass Eye and Ear. I have had and MRI which showed nothing. I have stabbing, burning, itching, piercing pain most days. I have been out of work for 3 months and I really am at wits end. I am using systane every 3 hours and know on doxycyline. I really feel it may be some kind of nerve damage but how can we be sure. Do you have any ideas of where I may go or what else I can do.
    Thanks for any advise you may have.
    Deb

Hi Deb and welcome... Hope you don't mind but I moved your post here from the other forum. You were replying to a post by Gaye but she does not visit the forum often anymore so she is unlikely to see your post... but I am sure there are others who will have useful information/suggestions to share.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I'm not a Dr. but has anyone mentioned recurring cornea ersoions to you...the pain you are describing does sound like how I would explain them wehn I was unlucky enough to be suffereing from them...buring stabbing.

B.

Comment

Burning, Stabbing Pain

Hi Burmee,
        Thanks for answering my post. No no one has said anything about corneal erosions. Could you explain them to me. I usually am fine in the morning but as the day goes on my eye just stabs, aches, burns. It's a real depressing mess. Please tell me your experience.
        Debo

Comment

Working...
        X