Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP: I'm losing hope about everything...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: I'm losing hope about everything...

My eyes are ruining my life, I can't sleep because of the pain and the dryness. I hate to wake up because of the pain as it takes so much time to open and use my eyes properly. I know I'm not doing all I should be doing for a good pair of eyes; I use my lubricants: drops, liquigel and gel. I also drink plenty water everyday like 2.5 litres, and I admit i cant do more than that...
    My condition makes me worried about everything and afraid; I am worried abt my career, getting into a relationship, taking care of other people.. MY EYES ARE RUINING MY LIFEEE!!! I hate being pitied and having to explain why my eyes are red and my eyelids look weird!!! It's been 3 weeks since I last saw any of my friends, or even gone out. I'm living a misery, the pain and my look are a nightmare...
    "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the earth!", Archemedes.

It will get better, you have to experiment a little. Are you doing warm compresses? I believe that is the one thing I've done that has really made a huge difference. I know it takes a little time, but if you go to bed with a warm rice baggy or warm washcloth on your eyes for 5 to 10 minutes, that is not so hard to fit into your schedule. Some people do this several times a day. After doing the warm compresses, when I open my eyes they are a bit blurry (which means the compresses are working) and my eyes feel better. You sound very low and staying away from your friends is not a good thing. You're in my prayers. Things can and will get better, you just need to find the right treatments.

Comment

hello

Have you seen a doctor - I am not one - but sounds like if you are hiding out - this is the time to just take a few weeks off and maybe see 3-4 doctors - not just one - every eye doc is different - some are clueless - some don't have time and there office is a conveyer belt of patients....Find one who will Listen - tell them you life is being threatened by this condition.

Comment

Losing Hope

I have been batteling this all my life (over 60 years)) and can easily understand. But now there is so much help out there, maybe not perfect yet, but there is help. Lots of info here and also dcotor information. In the last few years we even have doctors who helpful with this, not just tell you to take drops and out the door. There are books that are great for those just getting dry eyes who don't knwo about al the things they can do to help themselves. You need to get aggresive about this, find a good eye doctor and try some of the things a lot of us here do that can help. I have only gotten relief in the last few years due to more studies and doctors who now help wiht this. I never even expected to have sight by the tile I got to 60 never mind finally getting relief. I use tranqle eyes sold here, also flaxseed which is the one thing that did wonders for my eyes, some drops during the day and ointment at night, some use traqnqle eyes at night, hard for because of my cpap. If you can't find a good doc for this ask here, maybe someone in the same area knows one. But get started now.

Comment

I was like you when I was first diagnosed. In time, you come to accept what you are dealt. You learn to manage it. Then one day, you pull up your boot straps, gather your strength and decide that you can control DES, or you can let DES control you. Your eyes will hurt whether you go to movies with your friends or not. For me, a few hours of increased pain is far better than the same few hours spent in loneliness. Take this one day at a time, lean on your real friends, and hang out here a lot. This board is what got me through and I'm sure it will help you as well.
          Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Thanks everybody for trying to help..It's really weird that I'm changing so rapidly, I'm now more mature about dealing with my DES and I started to know how to control it and what fits me best..I still get these moments of frustration but it goes faster than before and thats because I don't let it stay for so long..
            You are all wonderful..I can't imagine my life without your help! Thanks DEZ
            "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the earth!", Archemedes.

Comment

have you tried ipl , with dr. toyos in memphis??....my eyes are a lot more comfy after 2 treatments.....i have been pleased with results, i had 1oo percent meibomian gland blockage....

Comment

Rukapuka, I missed your message in December... glad to hear things are going better for you!

Beatles, just fyi, in the top right corner of a post it indicates the user's location. She's much closer to the original Memphis than the Tennessee version
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

other eyedrops?

Hi, i had to write, and hope you are reading everything you can on this board. It is great to have so much information, advice on one website.

Anyway....i've been in personal contact with other sufferers over the last few weeks, and been trying different over the counter drops, and found some of them are better than the prescriptions i was trying....i didn't know there could be so much difference in over the counter...but here's my experiences:

1st pick of doctor-systaine--found blurry vision immediately
                  2nd-genteal-loved the different formulas
                  3rd-theratears and theratears gel for nighttime relief (these both replaced
                  my restasis and azasite)!!!

So keep drying different formulas, warm compresses, covers at night, and if these don't work, check out the IPL. I drove 6 1/2 hours last week for my first treatment, and still seeing great results only 1 treatment down.

Good luck! Kathy

Comment

Working...
                  X