Thumping pain at point betweeen eye and nose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumping pain at point betweeen eye and nose

I have realized that on my good days, when I don't have the usual "dry eye" pain my bad eye, my Lasik eye feels very strained.

It feels although there is a terrible pressure on the eye. From the back of the eye and from the point between my eye and my nose. There is also a dragging sensation that goes from this point about an inch down my nose that can get quite painful. Yesterday I put an ice cube between my eye and nose to help this pain and I noticed that the vein at this point is thumping alot harder then on the other side. I had my boyfriend check as I wasn't sure if it was all in my head.

I am plugged top and bottom in that eye, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it.

I shall bring it up with my Dr. as I have had this feeling before, just wasn't able to pin it down so well, but would love to know if anyone has any experience with this type of pain.

As my mother would say, if it's not one thing it's another!

Bernadette

Are you describing a "throbbing" sensation? That's what it sounds like to me. Is the pulsating with your heartbeat? Not uncommon when a vein is involved. This might make it more specific if that's the case. Lucy

(Yes, I have it and it's more common when I lie down at night to go to sleep.)
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Yes it is a the vain throbbing alon with my heartbeat, but it comes with pain, like something is working way to hard and is strained.

Any idea what this is or if it can be sorted. It causes a very bad aching feeling for me.

Bernadette

Comment

No, I can't diagnose what's wrong. But you have a better way to advise your doctor about it. Tell him you have throbbing pain along with whatever else is going on. You need to see your doc. Lucy

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

One more thing to add to the list!

it seems as time goes one I am learning to break down the different types of pains that go along with this dry eye thing. Exact terms and words for my Dr. gives me more hope of getting help, I guess!

Thanks,

B.

Comment

Doctors are not the best when it comes to understanding (our) pain, especially eye docs. Especially if it's from lasik! Otherwise, they really don't have an idea either just how bad dry eye can be. Lucy

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
            X