headache/eye pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headache/eye pain

Does anyone have any tricks they use to alleviate "dry eye headaches"?
    My left eye is cauterized and plugged thus feeling ok, however I lost both plugs in my left eye a few days ago. The difference in comfort is drastic and I am now getting headaches on my right side, around the temple etc. It will be Wed. before they can cauterize this side, in the meantime what to do? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

How I got rid of headaches from dry eye was putting an ice cold cloth over my eyes.

Comment

Or search for 'gel eye masks' on ebay, then put them in the freezer. Nice on your head and eyes after a days work.

Comment

I know this sounds obv but it worked for me - my headaches were due to almost 'squinting' to protect my eyes. I make a concious effort now to relax my brow area and my headaches are rare.

hope it helps

Ell
        The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Comment

This may not apply to your case but it did to mine so here goes...
          I had one eye lasered 3 years ago and suffered dry eye off and on since. this was often accompanied with bad headaches and eye strain. i then had the great idea of putting my glasses (which had been altered to my new prescription) on whenever i felt my eyes were struggling and since then the headaches have disappeared. It came back to me when I thought back to the time, in my twenties, that I first realised i needed glasses and I was suffering similar headaches.
          Barry

Comment

Working...
          X