help needed please pain when light shone and swelling to eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed please pain when light shone and swelling to eye

hi all this is my first post so please bare with me if a little on long side.
    i have recently started medication for epilepsy (topirimate) and my vision has become very disturbed, doubled, blurry, misty etc, it having calmed down a little i made an optician appointment as there was also pain in my right eye that made it feel like it was a rock, really dry and achy i suppose i was concerned that one of the side effects of early stages of this med could be glaucoma but my pressure was said to be ok, the thing is when the light was shone in my left eye ot was ok but when she shone it in the one with all the probs i shied away like a vampire from the sunlight it was so painful, this has never happened before anyway since then my eyelid has become swollen i look like a frog especially if i have to concentrate for any length of time on anything which at present i do as studying with the open uni the only thing the opticinan said i needed was specs for reading with anti glare and a slight shade and that i had a blocked tear duct and to massage and put hot compresses on it which i have done, the swelling has gone a little but the pain is still there and the hard feeling is also, can anyone answer why there would be such pain when the light was shone in it and if i should go back and get retested, should i see my gp for drops for the dryness? i have been waiting for my optician to call as was advised that the swelling should have gone by now its been 18 days since the examination any help really appreciated once again sorry for the long post
    lou x
Working...
X