Feeling of object in eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling of object in eye

For the past 3 days, in one eye, I have felt like there is something in my eye everytime I blink, on the same spot...as if there is something is underneath my eyelid and everytime I blink, I drag across the same spot on my eye. It doesn't hurt, but its very annoying and it won't go away. I can feel it when my eyes are closed too. Is it possible for me to really have something in my eye, or is this all part of having dry eyes? I have had the feeling of object in the eye before, but it never lasts more than a day and it's not always in the same spot.

Thanks!

When I went in for my first visit about an erosion, I complained about the same thing. The doctor turned my eyelid inside out, and saw that nothing was there. It is very possible that you could have something on your eyelid, like a small cyst or something. It's worth having it checked by a doctor, especially since it is not going away.

--Liz

Comment

I agree with liz56 -- if this hasn't resolved itself after three days, it's probably time to check the problem out with an eye doc just to be sure.

Could be a corneal erosion (which deserves prompt treatment and documentation in your chart);
      could be a cyst or other anatomical problem on your cornea or under your eyelid;
      and yes, it could be a foreign-body stuck underneath your eyelid.

My foreign-body story: I had been on a two-week trip away from home, and while en route I had trimmed my bangs with nail-scissors (um, see, they were getting overgrown and I didn't trust out-of-town hairdressers, so I figured I could do it myself). But once I was home I just couldn't stop blinking, with just that one place in just that one eye bothering me. My local eye doc "everted" my eyelid = turned it inside-out < weird sensation, let me tell you >. Bingo! -- he used his little tweezer-thing to remove a little piece of brown hair which had gotten itself stuck under my upper eyelid . . . ah, blessed relief! I paid the "office visit" fee gladly, and vowed that it was the last time I would try to be my own hairstylist.

My eye doc said that in the past he'd removed tiny pieces of sawdust and also minuscule grass-cuttings, as well as wisps of cat-hair and dog-hair,
      from beneath the eyelids of patients who were complaining of persistent irritation specifically located in one place in one eye . . .
      the problem being that when the patients looked into the mirror, they couldn't see the offending objects (because the small particles were tucked up underneath the eyelid) . . .
      and said that the odds were that if he had not done so, the foreign bodies might have caused more serious damage in the long run.

Comment

I had something that felt like there was a rock in my eye. It was always in the same spot just like you describe. Only mine hurt like heck, my eye was red and watered and I could hardly keep my eye open. It was diagnosed as an "infiltrate", the precursor to a corneal ulcer. I had to be on steroid and antibiotic eye drops for a couple of weeks. Don't mess with your eyes. Go get it looked at by your eye doctor.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Just an update: I called my doc, who saw me right away, in case there really was something in my eye. Well, turns out there's nothing in my eye, I just feel it. It's been a week now...ARGHH. It's a very annoying feeling, especially that spot on my eye is getting sore and painful now. Ahhh the trials of DES.

Comment

Sorry you still have it, unfortunately this is pretty much my main symptom. Both my eyes have dryness and the usual irritation, which is mild-to moderate, but my right eyelid has a patch which is continually feeling like this, it's very irritating, very painful. I'm lucky when I get a day where it doesn't. The docs say 'there's nothing there', and then they treat me like I'm faking everything, which is why I'm really fed up with eye docs.

I once had a cyst in that spot, but now there is nothing, so the docs then dismiss it - you may end up with the same problem

I'm going to a dermotologist in March as I think my bleph is caused by a skin issue, actaully I have a suspicion I have ocular rosacea.
            just keep swimming...

Comment

When I had this the doctor discovered a tiny piece of fiber in my eye. Probably from rubbing my eye with a fuzzy glove on my hand. Get it seen.

Comment

Working...
              X