Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody else only suffer evenings?

My symptoms only start after about 7pm. I don't get red eyes, and they don't even look that bad, but just feel very very dry, and don't open and close properly, or move around in the socket as they should, very slow and heavy and they make me feel extremely tired, to the point I just want to go to sleep. I get blurred vision and a haze around lights, which all makes driving very hazardous, so I avoid evening trips in the car, especially in the dark! Also, and one of the (initially) most disturbing things is that I cannot open them when I wake up in the morning. I have to physically pull the lid up with my fingers, and sometimes when I've tried to open them without assistance, it's such a strain, they end up aching really badly

I find there's no particular time frame for my eyes to be at their most uncomfortable. for example they were bad Sunday afternoon then improved later that night, Monday they were quite sore till around 9:30 am then improved,Tuesday similar, today though they've been a little sore a fair bit of the day. i am wondering if that's to do with me catching up on too much lost sleep and having a lie-in today.mine often feel better when outdoors but i don't know if that's pyschological or not as that shouldn't be the case should it ?

Comment

I am definitely better when outdoors. If I'm going out of an evening, I try and be out as much as possible that day, and don't put any central heating on, so I don't think it's psychological. Extreme heat effects me also, so sunbathing's out. I'm quite bad at the moment actually, very itching upper eyelid, which I don't usually get. Am trying to eat lots of red grapes, as I read on here they're supposed to be good, but unfortunately had really bad tummy ache. Thank you for your reply. Take care.

Comment

Sally P,

I have the same problem. When my dystrophy (aka "anterior basement membrane dystrophy," "epithelial basement membrane dystrophy," "Cogan's dystrophy," "map-dot-fingerprint dystrophy") acts up, I have that problem. The dystrophy causes the uppermost layer of the epithelium to fail to adhere to the underlying basement membrane, which attaches to the stroma. For years, I thought that I was really tired at night, but it was my eyes that were tired. Since I have been on Dwelle (and now Muro 128 5% until Dwelle is restocked), it has improved. So, it might be worth checking out.

--Liz

Comment

Working...
        X