This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few random thoughts. . .

I haven’t posted in a very long while. My heart breaks a little each time I read the BB because there are so many stories of suffering.

Here is what living with dry eyes has taught me:

1) pain sucks
    2) but I refuse to let it ruin my life
    3) some of the best friends you might ever have in your whole entire life are right here on DEZ. And they can help you so much!!
    4) look for the positive things in your day, even if it is a small, small thing that bring you pleasure. Remember, everything has an opposite, and the opposite of pain is pleasure.
    5) Breath deeply
    6) Exercise is vital
    7) It is okay to whine about your discomforts. And if those around you don’t understand, then just remember that they haven’t walked in your shoes, so how could they possibly understand? And, more than likely, someday they will.
    8) Always have hope, even if it has been 5 months, 5 years or 10 years!!
    9) Treat yourself and others with kindness and compassion. You don’t have to earn a million dollars or climb the corporate ladder to be worthy. All that really matters is that you treat yourself and others really, really well. And that in and of itself makes the world a better place.
    10) Be grateful for your goggles!! Even if they make you feel ugly (mine do)
    11) Find something that makes you laugh!!!

Okay, I think you get my point. This is hard stuff, but even as I sit here with raw, sore eyes, I have to believe that there is a light at the end of my tunnel. And I have connected with so many people through this experience. I have to have gratitude for that. I think the more that I embrace my situation, the better I can live with the physical pain.

I hope this isn’t too cheesy.

MDE

Thank you!

MDE -

Thank you. I really needed that post today.

Warm Regards,
    Gretchen

Comment

thankful

I am thankfull everyday when I know the pain that others endure and am able to take it one day at a time...

I read the book of the girl who at 17 became a quadraplegic - she is still around at 59 - imagine 42 yrs in a wheelchair and no use of any bodily organs

Comment

Thanks, MDE!

All really good lessons and things that I am continually working on.

Take care,
        Teri

Comment

Thanks MDE. I too have learned many valuable lessons about life during my struggle with DE.

Comment

Working...
          X