Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinus pain relief?

Happy New Year!

For the past three weeks I've had a sinus infection with no drainage. So, I have a lot of pressure and pain in my sinuses and my eyes are especially painful from it too.

Obviously, us tear-inflicted people cannot use sinutab or anything else that would dry our eyes out more.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

On another side note: My eyes went dry 1 1/2 years after lasik, after I had a three month sinus infection and took three different antibiotics. So, I won't take antibiotics. I'd rather suffer more.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sorry you are suffering from a sinus infection. I have one suggestion, but hopefully someone else can chime in to see if it would have an effect on the dry eye.

Last winter my doctor recommended that I irrigate my sinuses. Basically you buy this kit that comes with a sqeeze bottle and a bunch of packets of sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate mixture. Then you just mix the packet with distilled water and kind of squirt it up your nostril. It is kind of gross since it them comes running back out your other nostril or your mouth, but it does help clear out your sinuses. I'm not sure if this would help you with an infection or not, but it did help me with just regular sinus congestion and pressure, so I thought I would bring it up.

However, this was all before my lasik dry eye issues. Does anyone know if this is also safe to do with the dry eye. I'm still a little confused how the eyes and sinuses and all are connected, so I'm curious if a sinus rinse could mess with dry eye as well?

Michelle

Comment

Hi Chris,

Take a look at the sinusitis self-care techniques on WholeHealthMD:
      http://www.wholehealthmd.com/hc/sinu...94,511,00.html

The whole section on sinusitis has been helpful to me.
      Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

The website is very helpful. It looks like some more warm compresses for me.

Chris

Comment

Working...
        X