Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With my problem being the sensation of tears filling my left eye and running down my cheek, I can't see the efficacy of starting Restasis without (1) a clear diagnosis of the condition and (2) starting with some attempt at more conservative treatment measures first. I don't like being told what I should do by a doctor without a clear explanation why it is being done. I think this is particularily true if the medication is strong and it is unclear if it will work.

I think I will call with some questions and gauge my confidence in this eye doctor, in part, by his willingness to respond

I don't look forward to a quest for the right eye doctor for dry eye, however, it might be necessary

In the meantime there is no harm in fish oil and OTC drops. I would like some suggestions for OTC drops and thanks again

Comment

excess tears from dry eye

The irritation from the eye being so dry can cause excess tears to form and run down your cheek. Strange, but one symptom of dry eye can be excess tears. The composition of this type tear is not what normal tear composition is.

Comment

What test is typically performed to determine type and cause of dry eye. Should test be performed before treatment starts. Thanks

Comment

To fully participate in your treatment you need to know what type of dry eye you have. A good Dr. should carry out the tests for each.

The schirmer test measures how the level of tears you produce and the Tear Break up Time test measures the quality of the tears. Both very simple tests and easily down. Ask you Dr. for the measurements of both.If you get the brush of push a littleharder to get your results, and then consider finding a Dr.who is going to give you all the info you want before you even ask for it. You will benefit the most from this type of Dr.

And yes theOmega 3 oils are important. You can go for flaxseed oil if you don't want to try the fish oil.

Good luck,

Bernadette

Comment

So with no idea what type of dry eye I have and the doctor not interested in that direction I ventured to the Internet. Bad mistake as I kept finding lots of very scary conditions listed as causes. I need a fresh start

Comment

Working...
            X