X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an eye infection

hi
    i recently got this eye infection...it started in the back of my eye and proceded
    to the entire eye.my doctor said its either a virus or bacteria but didnt give it a name.when i move my eye around i feel this pain...its pretty intense.he gave me
    some antibiolic eye drops...he said it might help.if the drops dont help between
    now and monday i have to call my eye doctor of go into the hospital.like i said
    it started in the back of my eye and proceded to the whole eye....it seems to
    be in the muscles around my eye...anyone know what this is called?thanks.

coonsanders

Shouldn't your Dr. be telling you what it's called...do you have a good eye Dr.?

Bernadette

Comment

hi
      my regular doctor said its a virus or bacteria he didnt have a name for it.i havent seen my regular eye doctor yet....

coonsanders

Comment

Originally posted by coonsanders View Post
        hi
        i recently got this eye infection...it started in the back of my eye and proceded
        to the entire eye.my doctor said its either a virus or bacteria but didnt give it a name.when i move my eye around i feel this pain...its pretty intense.he gave me
        some antibiolic eye drops...he said it might help.if the drops dont help between
        now and monday i have to call my eye doctor of go into the hospital.like i said
        it started in the back of my eye and proceded to the whole eye....it seems to
        be in the muscles around my eye...anyone know what this is called?thanks.

coonsanders
        Hi,

I would suggest you go to an very good ophthamalogist and/or ocular immunologist as soon as possible because it possibly could involve the retina, the back of the uvea (iris) and/or the sclera. I am not a doctor so I certainly cannot offer you a diagnosis but it sounds like your eye problem could be potentially serious. I have had iriits (inflammation of the uvea) twice so I am well aware of having intense pain in the eye. Good luck and please give an update on your condition.

Comment

Working...
        X