This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain Relief?????

Hi there, I am a new dry eye sufferer and am on my 4th corneal erosion in 5 weeks. The pain is making me crazy, is there anything anyone uses that helps? I am also wearing sunglasses theroughout the day which seems to help a little. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks, all the help on this forum is great!

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you are in a cycle of erosions. Some things that helped me were cold compresses for the pain and steamy showers (though for a while I did not take them without swimming goggles!). I also just tried to lie still without sleeping. It did help the pain, but it was frustrating to feel otherwise okay and to know that moving or even falling asleep could mean more pain. I never took advil or tylenol for it, though my doctors said that it might help.

All I can really say is to hang in there. The pain is hard to deal with, because it will not be ignored, and, worse (for me, anyway) was the threat of the pain.

Do your erosions happen at all times of the night or mostly in the mornings?

--Liz

Comment

Thanks for the help, my have come in the AM only but the week after one is soooo painful that I am at a loss on what to do? I have been taking tylenol and advil with minimal success.

Comment

Working...
      X