This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a feeling of

an eye about to explode... that is the only way I can explain it.
    Apparently the docs see nothing, but my R eye feels like it's going to explode right out of the socket. I'm just curious if anyone else has this feeling/sensation.
    It's like my entire eyeball has pressure of some kind. I just don't know how else to describe it. I thought maybe my eye pressure was up; it's okay for now ~ it started out 14, now it's 18, but that was at different doc offices that measured my eye pressure. I just don't understand why these docs cannot figure these things out. Maybe it's just I keep having weird things happen that's usually not normal.

Missie- do you have sinus issues? That sounds exactly like sinus pressure to me to be honest with you. When my husband has sinus issues he always complains that it feels like is eyeballs are going to pop out of is head. Otherwise, I do not know of any other medical eye reason that your eye should feel that way.
    Lisa

Comment

Hi Missie,

I do get that feeling from time to time, it doesn't happen very often, and it lasts several hours at a time. If its any consolation to you, I have gotten my eye pressure checked and my eyes thoroughly examined, and they seem pretty healthy in terms of what may be causing the pressure feeling. Of course, that doesn't help with the sensation at all, but at least I know nothing is terribly wrong with my eyes, clinically speaking.

I don't know what may be causing that feeling for myself as I do not have sinus problems.

Comment

Thank you both

I appreciate the replies. Lisa, I have never thought of Sinus' before, interesting. It's just in one eye; so I don't know about that, I guess you can have sinus problems on just one side.
        Odydnas ~ I'm glad you don't have this feeling a lot.
        It happens to me about everyday and lasts about all day. I just wish I knew what it is. I'm getting a little tired of hurting.
        Thanks again for your replies

Comment

Hi Missie, I get that feeling, like something is trying to push my eye out. It feels like it must be protruding a little. I have always thought if must be something going on in a sinus cavity behind or somewhere around my eye.
          No proof though, just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by magoo View Post
            Hi Missie, I get that feeling, like something is trying to push my eye out. It feels like it must be protruding a little. I have always thought if must be something going on in a sinus cavity behind or somewhere around my eye.
            No proof though, just a guess.
            Thank you so much. I may try some sinus meds and just see what happens.

Comment

Working...
            X