This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eye ache

I used to get an ache in my eye about once a week in addition to all the dry eye symptoms. I now find that I am experiencing this almost every day. It is an ache and like a drawing sensation. Almost like a headache in the eye.
    Does anyone else suffer from this.
    Thanks for your time

Hi Rp123

Yes - I get that too.

Comment

Thanks for replying. Does anything you do take it away?

Comment

Originally posted by rp123 View Post
        Thanks for replying. Does anything you do take it away?
        try getting a washcloth and soak it in ice cold water then put it on your eyes. It's probably eye strain.

Comment

Thanks.
          I do use a cold gel pack and it does help a little.

Comment

hiya

ye i get this also usually in the evenings so i go sleep then deal with whole process again hehe.

Comment

Probably eye strain.

Less of a chance that this can occur with Thyroid Eye Disease, so might be worth getting your GP to give you a Thyroid check to rule it out.

Comment

Hi again Rp123

No, I cannot really say that anything I do actually takes it away. I have mentioned it to the consultant but he seems to think that it is part and parcel of an overall issue of dry eye.

I have a chance of avoiding it if I pace myself and try not to get too tired - or let people & things get to me too much.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I don't think it's eye strain because it can start first thing in the morning. Perhaps it is just part of the hated dry eye syndrome.

Comment

Working...
                  X