X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone experience this pain im having

hi all

well just wanted to see if anyone else gets this.
    for a few days now i have like a tight feeling in my sockets and acrose my forhead and just feels like really bad eye strain but usually eye strain goes after a good sleep but mine hasnt and headache tablets dont seem to help so im like arghhhhhhh whats happening,its like my eye lids feel really odd and this all my sound odd to but seeing if anyone gets it to.

hi fed up kate

I get that pain you describe it is like wearing a tight pair of swimming goggles across my eyes and into the back of my sockets, together with really bad headache for which tablets don't work. No idea why this comes on like this, assume it is just when eyes are particularly dry/bad. Sorry you are suffering at moment.

lizbet

Comment

hi lizibet

thanks for replying
      im not the only one then phew but its still awful aint it its like i wake up and think yay its gone then after having my eyes open for bout half hour its back again,so feel exhausted with it.
      hope your ok and if you find some thing that takes away that pain give us a shout

take care

Comment

I have often felt a "tightness" and "pressure" around my eyes, behind my eyes, and under my eyes. I've had my sinuses checked by CT and everything looked fine. I even went back to the ENT and demanded another inspection and all he found was "very mild rhinisitis".

I have to believe that the sensations were only caused by dry eye... possibly tired muscles... possibly something going on with the lacrimal gland that resides under the eye... not really sure. But as my dry eye has improved, the sensations have diminished.

Comment

Kate, I would agree with Lasik DES. Try gentle massage around your eyes/forehead area. Also some warm (not necessarily wet) compresses will help relax the forehead and eye muscles. Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

thank you both for your help i will try massaging etc see if it helps.
            ive been thinking for awhile now to see a ENT doctor but wasnt sure if it would help but when my doctor pressed on my hceek bones where the sinuses are it hurt but never went further with it,but i just assume like you say its cause of the dry eye but in the 2 years ive had it ive never had it before so im just concerned it is getting worse.

thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X