This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed Up with Red Eyelids/Sore Painful Eyes

Its been over 2 years since I stopped an 8 week course of isotretinoin (accutate) for oily/acne skin.

I had sore red eyes for a long period of time after stopping the course, however they slowly got better to the point that about a year ago they were completely better, I was back wearing lenses OK etc and had none of the previous symptoms, no sore eyes/redness etc.

Almost overnight my eyes became very red/painful and the problems started again. For the past year they have not improved at all. I have tried to think what I did differently which could've started the problems again, the only thing I can think of is that I moved offices at work around the same time - could this be linked?

I have seen a number of opthamologists (with little sucess), the most recent being Michel Guillon in London who was fantastic, however he has said there is very little up with my eyes as such as far as he can see. I am one of those 'difficult to diagnose' cases where nothing appears to be that out of the ordinary.

He has said that I have mild bleph and that my eyelids are inflammed. My upper eyelids especially have almost a red line across them. I have searched the net and my lids are identical to that of a user on here (see pic) ...

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=7218

I have tried lid scrubs, cold compresses, hot compresses, thick gel at nightime, preservative free drops in the day etc... all with no improvement. I have also tried anti-histamine drops which give some very minimal relief but still the redness. Nothing seems to work grr !

As it stands at the minute I am using theratears nutrition (3rd month) and don't use any lubricant in my eyes. They feel slightly better for not hammering eye drops all day. I have been using anti-histamine drops from time to time and use the lid scrub pads morning and evening.

I'm at a loss as to what to do ? Could it be an allergy ? I use the computer throughout the day and in the eve which i'm sure makes it worse. I do wear lenses a couple of times a week but can't wear them for too long (one day disposable).

I have another appointment with Mr Guillon in a few weeks, but this is really, really getting me down, especially when I had got better and bang they have gone back to the way they were? A previous opthamologist who has seen me when I first had problems and then after I had problems for the second time said that it looks different, i.e. it is something else causing the problem than from the initial problem.

I would be very grateful for anyone's insight/advice or steps to take next, need to get to the root of this problem.

Thanks

Hi there

I've heard that isotretonin can be a bit harmful for the moucous membrane in the body. Do a GI-sytem therapy! It helps!!!

Comment

Working...
    X