Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red dry patches developing on my browbone skin..is it eczema or fungal ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red dry patches developing on my browbone skin..is it eczema or fungal ?

I have started to develop small red patches just above my upper eyelids on the browbone, they make the skin go crinkly lined and thin looking and when I have a shower skin flakes come off the red patches.

I was wondering if this was being caused by the swollen upper eyelids causing friction to the skin above them or do you think the bleph bacteria has spread to my browbone skin

The only thing that helps is bepanthen cream, it doesn't get rid of the redness completely but helps with the creases and flaky skin. I wonder if there is anything else I can try to removed these red wrinkly patches?

God ! What's next! Omg blepharitis brings new symptoms as the days go by
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

It sounds to me like you need to see an ophthalmologist and perhaps a dermatologist as soon as possible. I've never heard of blepharitis spreading to the brow area. (Just because I haven't heard of it of course doesn't mean it can't) It may just be too much heat or manipulation but guessing is all I'm doing. Best you see a doctor, in my opinion.

Comment

HYPERHEAD,

There is no way anyone here can diagnose your eyelid dermatitis. This study from 2006 found that there are many, many types:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17026693

Of the 105 patients with eyelid dermatitis, 43.8% had allergic contact dermatitis (ACD), 36.2% seborrhoeic dermatitis, 11.4% other dermatitis/dermatoses, 7.6% irritant contact dermatitis, 3.8% psoriasis, and 2.9% atopic eczema. With isolated eyelid dermatitis, seborrhoeic dermatitis was the most frequent diagnosis (46.3%) followed by ACD (35.2%). Allergens commonly causing allergic eyelid dermatitis consisted of fragrances, metals, neomycin, oleamidopropyl dimethylamine, tosylamide formaldehyde resin, benzalkonium chloride, and other preservatives. When evaluated according to sites of involvement, seborrhoeic dermatitis was diagnosed most often in patients with isolated eyelid dermatitis, but when dermatitis was distributed to facial or other sites, ACD was the most frequent diagnosis. A majority of the causative allergens for eyelid dermatitis are not present on the Food and Drug Administration-approved panels available in the USA.
      As you can see, there are many different types of eyelid dermatitis. Each type has a different underlying cause and most can be caused by or exacerbated by environmental irritants and allergens.

Please see a dermatologist who can determine the type and the cause of your eyelid dermatitis.

I read several of your other threads and many thoughtful members have recommended that you see a dermatologist.

I hope you can see one soon.

Scout

Comment

Strangely enough I find it feels better after a hot shower as the white flakes are easy to remove and then the itching disappears, in the morning the red patches are a little raised like round bumps and the skin looks lined and thin?

So basically I have to see an optholomogist and a dermatologist to determine what's going on, should I see the optholomogist first or the dermatologist.

I really appreciate all you help and advice...it's funny only a few months back I felt normal and now my life s dominated by eye and skin problems ?
        "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

It it were me, I would see a dermatologist first.

Comment

Working...
          X