This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffy eyelids

Every morning when I wake up my upper eyelids are super puffy. I always had this to a certain extent throughout my life. It usually took about an hour for them to go down- by the time I would get to work they looked normal. Now that I have dry eye, I've noticed that they are even puffier than ever. Even the area around the lower lid is puffed out and it takes a few hours for all the puffiness to reduce down to 'normal.'
    I was wondering if any other dry eye sufferers have this. Is it related to the dry eye?

Thank you.

Yes!! I have the same lid puffiness in the AM. When I first get up they are very puffy..especially the uppers and my right eye (which is the driest). I do think it is related to dry eye and in particular to blepharitis. Do you have crusts in your lash line?? I have very little debris and can only really see it when I use my 15x magnifier mirror and look in natural sunlight. If you have crusts try to manage your lid hygiene and this should help the puffiness. I also use cold compresses in the AM. My puffiness also reduces as the day goes on.
    Another thing to consider is your sleep environment. I have pillow and mattress covers and I think it might help.
    Good luck and if you find a solution please pass on!!

Comment

I have this when I use gel.

Comment

Yeh I get raccoon eyes when I use an overnight gel , but they settle down after a couple of hours
        "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

There is an allergy test for dry eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
            There is an allergy test for dry eye.
            Is it spacific to dry eyes, or just general allergy testing? BTW, I have had the super puffy lids, when my eyes have been at their worse, I've also had problems with what I believe is a sensitivity that I have developed for most drops, including preservative free, I definately think that the puffiness is related to the dry eyes, and perhaps when our eyes are super bad, we are using tons of drops, or gels, and this is causing edema around the eye, Just a thought?

Comment

They can test the drops and see if you are allergic.

Comment

The puffiness that I experience never goes down. In the bring it is more accentuated and I think it s because my eyes get dry but even during the day they are still puffy. IS it the same for you?

Comment

No mine go down by afternoon after the gel.

Comment

Working...
                  X