This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nac

Angela: NAC is capsules you purchase at the health food store. the full name is N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine. Hope this helps.

Comment

feeling ugly too

Ever since I developed dry eyes and meibomitis I too have had very dark circles and puffy eyes. My self esteem has been so long for so long (6yrs). I had to completely stop using my eye makeup and traded it in for wraparound sunglasses. Don't feel very attractive anymore. It sure is a struggle isn't it. I try to do my hair nicely and dress well, I do what I can. Hubby seems happy with me thank goodness!
      It is interesting what is being said about using compresses that are too hot. Think I will try to use my thermoeyes again.
      I love this board, we are all trying so hard to help ourselves and others.

Comment

Laine-
        I think most of us on the dry eye "bandwagon" do give up on some of the vanity aspects of our lives. You can't make your eyes feel better by wishing it were so. Most of us know that glopping on mascara, eyeliner etc is not compatible with the dry eye regimen. If you've been at this 5 years, you know it's futile.

The rest of the stuff, like you mention, we do have control over. We can manage our hair, clothes and makeup away from the eyes. It is not what we want, but it's what we need (to do). On the flipside, when your eyes hurt so badly you can hardly keep them open, their appearance at that moment is not really important.
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Dark Circles

Hi Everyone I just read all the posts on here about the dark circles, I wanted to tell you the reason why we have them. Underneath our eyes is the most thinnest part of skin and it's very easily bruised and by rubbing and doing all that we have to every day all day long causes our eyes underneath to bruise. I have had dark circles for a long time and it looks aweful,, Im going to try the vaseline but I use anti-aging cream every night and day since I am constantly putting in drops and wiping my poor dry eyes Where do I get these goggles? Merry Christmas to all of you and Happy New Year. Love Delilah

Comment

Dark circles

I'm 25 and suffering with severe dry eyes since ages! My dark circles are getting worse! Gave up on eyecreams as they make the problem worse! What could work?

Comment

wait could someone clarify this whole thing about warm compresses and dark circles? from what i am reading, i am understanding that using warm compresses on our eyes can make dark circles worse... which is the exact opposite of what i've been told in the past. i've put warm compresses on my eyes every morning since forever because of swelling and because i was told that it lessened dark circles. but now i'm reading that it can make dark circles worse?? i'm only 20 and i have absolutely horrible dark circles under my eyes. i am actually thankful a lot of times that i have to wear glasses now because it seems to hide the circles and redness a little bit. it would suck if part of the reason for the dark circles is the warm compresses. does stopping the warm compresses make the dark circles better??
              -Amy

Comment

Warm compresses, like all lid care steps, should not be overdone. Overdoing it (too hot, too harsh, too frequent) can increase inflammation and irritation in the lids and probably surrounding tissues depending how you do it.

I've rarely if ever heard in the forum of anyone reporting dark circles as a result of moderate warm compresses.
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

does it increase inflammation permanently or temporarily? i have been using warm compresses every morning on my eyes for the past eight years but have stopped recently.
                  -Amy

Comment

Temporarily.
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                    X