X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from my trip!

Hello everyone,
    I hope the holidays were great for everyone. I just got back home for a 24 day trip to Amsterdam and Tanzania (Africa). And I survived! The warm temps in Tanzania was wonderful for my eyes. I was bothered by dust only on a few times while on Safari -- when I put on my Wileys. The week we spent on the island of Zanzibar was even better...well, I was melting because of the heat and humidity - BUT I barely needed any drops.

The worst was the cold in Amsterdam, and of the course the blasted dry heat in the airplanes. Our US based flights were the WORST! I managed okay on our other flights -- they must manage the cabin air better or something

Anyways - I made it -- I had an AMAZING time -- yes my eyes need some babying now. But yes, you can travel with dry eyes!!!

Oh -- and to top it off.......I got engaged!! Amidst the fireworks in Amsterdam on new year's eve.

~Laura

Congratulations!!!!

And I 'm glad to hear that you had such a great trip!!

Comment

We live in Atlanta and recently my daughter who has dry eyes also went to S. Louisiana to visit relatives. She said she did not use one drop while there and she usually uses about times per day here. So that humidity will make a difference.

Comment

Laura, it's so good to hear about your wonderful trip!!! I always tell folks to go on their trips and vacations. At the worst, you'll have dry eyes, but you may be having enough fun to forget your eyes for awhile. Africa, wow!
        Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Yea Laura! Congrats! So happy you went and had a great time!

Comment

Wow! Congratulations!!!!!

I am so glad your trip went better than expected!! Safari!?!?! Wow!

Comment

Working...
            X