X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thera Tears in Australia/New Zealand?

Hey guys,

I'm planning a 6 weeks trip to Australia and NZ and I wonder if you can buy Thera Tears Liquid Gel over there? As I need 2-3 vials a day (and lots more during the flights) I'd rather buy these drops over there instead of taking so many packages with me.

If it is available - where can I buy it (drug stores, supermarkets, pharmacies)?

Thanks a lot for your help!

I have seen lists of outlets / retailers on their sites

http://www.theratears.com/international.aspx

http://www.theratears.co.nz/

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Unfortunately, these lists aren't up-to-date, e.g. Thera Tears were taken from the market in Germany over a year ago - and Germany is still on the list.

I need to know whether I can find these drops in the stores (without too much search)...

Comment

Have you sent them an email to ask?

Comment

Nope, not yet. I believe it's more reliable if sombody who actually lives there can let me know - but if nobody here knows I'll have to send them an email.

Comment

Is there nobody in DEZ from Australia/New Zealand???

Comment

Hey,

I'm from Wellington and I bought some Thera Tears (gel) yesterday. I bought them from an optometrist (30 vials) for NZ$18.95. It seems that the opto was a fair bit cheaper than the pharmacy that was next to it.

Comment

skelstar

Can you buy Genteal Gel in Welly? A family member moved there last year, and I was wondering if I'd be able to buy "my favorite" dry eye product if I came to visit.

C

Comment

Hi
                  I'm from NZ and I use Theratears which I can get from a local chemist but find they are cheaper at an Optician's in a nearby town. Not every Chemist or optician have them but they can order them in pretty quickly. I think Genteal Gel is available too but it is the same story. The chemist can look up to see if it is available and order it in. I find chemists stock an amazing array of eye drops but so many of them are of the undesirable type, have preservative and BAK.

I do hope you enjoy your trip to NZ - it is dry eye friendly weatherwise in most places.
                  cheers
                  Dotanne
                  When the going gets tough - the tough get going!

Comment

Thanks for the info, and good to see you again Dotanne! My NZ visit is still in the hypothetical stage so far, though. Wish I could come sooner rather than later.

C

Comment

If you are coming to NZ it is better to come in the summer unless you like skiing. The weather is starting to crack up and it usually rains a lot in winter. Better to come from November on - February is best if you like swimming at the beaches and then you dodge the school holidays.

Comment

Theratears drops in NZ

I have discovered a good source of Theratears in NZ. The price is the lowest yet and delivery is free in NZ. www.dryeye.co.nz is their website. Delivery was very quick! They are Optometrists in Timaru.

Cheers all
                        Dot

Comment

Working...
                        X