Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

airtravel and going to las vegas? worried!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told that March should be a good time to go to Vegas-yes it will be dry but was told that the weather should be pleasant -only in the 70s and not too hot yet... i was also told the newer hotels and some of the better ones have better venilation ?

Comment

Hello i went Vegas once stayed in a motel didn't have dry eyes then. I know its not grand but it gives option of sitting outside on veranda or outdoor area that is if air isn't too dry. also maybe more control over ac ? perhaps ask about ac options before booking ?
      http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

The Aria is new and I think non-smoking which is totally unheard of. The only small issue is that it is not right on the strip. But maybe thats good?

Comment

Originally posted by Katewest View Post
          The Aria is new and I think non-smoking which is totally unheard of. The only small issue is that it is not right on the strip. But maybe thats good?
          my aunt and boyfriend are getting me my own room and paying for everything..so wherever they stay i will stay.. they want to stay on the strip and so do i.. i will just have to see.. they always stay in the newer hotels so i doubt the smoke will be in the rooms..

Comment

Well I just went to my eye doctor today and he said i will be miserable in Vegas(he travels all the time).. My eyes burn so much even in humidity on most days he says if I go i will have to take a gallon of drops and onion goggles (which i cannot wear due to my rx-i think he was kind of joking). He is a very kind older doctor. He also told me I have to live my life and maybe i would win big.. but he wanted to warn me.. I have to make my decision .. Not sure what to do.. although I have heard March is a good time to go.. My doctor said it's windy in Vegas. I didn't know that.. It's windy in chicago-but he said it's windy and dusty..

Comment

Hi Karen,

I have Zienas. You can get clear ones and they can take a high RX, if that helps. Weirdly, I find that some frames fit really well and others have big gaps. Best thing is to find a dealer and try them on. Mine also fogged (the ones that fit well). I got anti-fog spray (try a motocycle shop) and cut a small vent in the silicone at the tops with a pair of toenail scissors. Hope that helps. Also Vegas is windy and dusty but you can pretty much avoid going outdoors if you want to and still get around--they have shuttles that pick up & drop off at the hotel entrances.

Comment

Originally posted by browneyesblu View Post
                Hi Karen,

I have Zienas. You can get clear ones and they can take a high RX, if that helps. Weirdly, I find that some frames fit really well and others have big gaps. Best thing is to find a dealer and try them on. Mine also fogged (the ones that fit well). I got anti-fog spray (try a motocycle shop) and cut a small vent in the silicone at the tops with a pair of toenail scissors. Hope that helps. Also Vegas is windy and dusty but you can pretty much avoid going outdoors if you want to and still get around--they have shuttles that pick up & drop off at the hotel entrances.
                i have Zienas too-and very dark ones-actually i need them darker.. i am very sensitive to the sun due to my sjogrens... they help with the wind but not completely. i dont find that they help with moisture much.. Do your silicone shields bunch up underneath and you ca n see them through the glasses by the nasal area? Mine do very badly even when i get a new silicone shield! It sounds like your Zienas must fit closer to your face-mine are so large on my face and only fit so close. Any advise on the shield bunching up???

Comment

Originally posted by karensumner View Post
                  i have Zienas too-and very dark ones-actually i need them darker.. i am very sensitive to the sun due to my sjogrens... they help with the wind but not completely. i dont find that they help with moisture much.. Do your silicone shields bunch up underneath and you ca n see them through the glasses by the nasal area? Mine do very badly even when i get a new silicone shield! It sounds like your Zienas must fit closer to your face-mine are so large on my face and only fit so close. Any advise on the shield bunching up???
                  Yes they bunched up--very annoying! I was constantly taking them off & tucking them under the nose piece. Is that part supposed to go inside or outside? It bunches much less now that they fit better. I have two pair, clear and sunglasses. They sunglasses fit well when they arrived. My doctor's optician adjusted the clear ones for me by heating and bending them.

Also one of the magnets on the sunglasses fell out and I don't know how I'm supposed to get it fixed, you have to send them back to 7eyes and I need them outside, especially now. Did that ever happen to yours?

Comment

yikes no the magnets are still there.. sorry
                    do your still bunch up though??? you said it bunches much less--how did you get them to do that??? thanks!!!!

Comment

yikes no the magnets are still there.. sorry
                      do your still bunch up though??? you said it bunches much less--how did you get them to do that??? thanks!!!!
                      Just by getting the frames to fit better. I think before I kept pushing them back too far.

Comment

ok..mine still bunch up near the nose part even when i wear them lower on my face.... even before i put them on..how often do you replace the silicone shield? i did several months back but its so $$ adn the new one seemed to bunch up right away! ?? suggestions?

Comment

ok..mine still bunch up near the nose part even when i wear them lower on my face.... even before i put them on..how often do you replace the silicone shield? i did several months back but its so $$ adn the new one seemed to bunch up right away! ?? suggestions?
                          Hmm...I haven't replaced it at all. I clean it and it looks and feels the same as when I got them. How often are you supposed to replace it? Sorry, no ideas except if your doctor has an optician on staff, maybe they can adjust the frames for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X