Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

electric freezer under 22lbs that is travel-friendly?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Saag,

You might like to look at TempShells ( and the various carrier options) by Delta T to see if you can make it work. They are not electric but are specifically designed for the transport of blood products and medications.

Rosie

Comment

Thanks so much guys! I'll take a look at those options and report back when I'm done!

Finding a freezer that meets my needs is proving to be tougher than I thought hehe

Comment

Ok, had a chance to look over those links.

So the temp shells won't do the trick, only because I may not have the capability to pre-chill them where I'm staying - so I really do need something that I can just plug in and be ready to go. (Even if it's only a 12v plug intended for use in a vehicle, I can buy a converter to use it in a wall outlet, so it's all good.)

But the Waeco portables actually have something that looks almost perfect - http://www.skcamping.com/index.php/w...r-freezer.html

This little thing only weighs 8kg, and the dimensions are: Length: 54 / Width: 23.5 / Length: 35.8cm - granted, one side isn't less than 20cm, but I think there's a good chance it would get by, and it's a heck of lot less expensive than the 4000 Euro Nanolytik one - so yippee!!!! THANK-YOU SOOOOO MUCH LITTLE MERMAID FOR THAT LINK!!!!! :

Whew... I feel much better about this whole freezer search now.

Ok... so I'm going to keep looking, in case I find something even smaller hehe. The smaller it is, the less chances the airline will tell me it's too big to take on the plane and make me check it. The only improvement I'd like, if it exists, is one side less than 20cm...

I'm off to google camping freezers!

Comment

Update: well, I decided to do something rather unconventional - I went onto Alibaba.com and sent inquiries to several freezer manufacturers in China to see if any of them can make exactly what I'm looking for. I figure if any of them come back with a yes, then I can either

a) ask if they already make that for someone else, and if so, buy it from that person/company

or

b) consider buying whatever the minimum order is and selling them on Amazon haha - yeah... total long shot, but what the heck... keeping an open mind until I find out for sure that it won't work - I know of someone who buys from China and re-sells on Amazon, so I could always ask her how she does it

Comment

I bought an insulin fridge from a supplier I found on Alibaba. It wouldn't work for your purposes (size & temp abilities) but if you find a supplier that has something you're interested in, let me know -- my dealings were not at all bad and although I decided the cost of the unit didn't make it feasible to sell via Amazon or other, I may have some insight that would be helpful. I wanted to PM but for some reason, I couldn't figure out how to do it. I've PM'd before so maybe my brain is telling me it's time to go to bed.

Comment

Working...
            X