Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if the saline is available in the UK????
    Thanks Laura

Comment

Saline in the UK and Australia

Laura

In the UK you can get a product called a Steripod - they are non preserved saline solution packaged in about 25ml containers.

Over the counter they are 90p each.

I get them on prescripton for 2 boxes (50) for £6.65, because of the cost it took a lot of convincing my DR that I needed this many in a month.

These are the best option I have found.

For those of you in Australia, I have found a very similar thing in my local pharmacy for about 60c each. If anyone wants any details, I will check them out the next time I visit the pharmacy.

Am finding the changed weather conditions a very welcomed relief. My eyes are feeling better, not cured, just better.

Take care

Ian

Comment

Thanks Ian ,mom is going for Christmas and thought maybe she could get some of the "unisol",12oz bottles that is meant to be used with the Scleral Lens.Is this product available in major pharmacies there, like Boots????Thats good value for that size of bottle!!!!
        By the way.........chris has been using the pure saline from the vials this week, and it was approved by BSF but on a temporary basis.

Comment

Not sure if the unisol is available in the UK, I had quite a bit of trouble getting hold of preservative free saline or any saline for that matter until I found the Steripods.

They are used for topical irrigation and once opened cannot be resealled. I find that 25ml is a good size for an eye rinse.

If you are entitled to NHS prescriptions they are much better value if you can get them on prescription otherwise they work out quite expensive at 90p per bottle.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Saline eye drops and eye wash

As you can see I have Sjogrens, very severe and I virtually make no tears in either eye. I attend Moorfields hospital regularly and they produce a saline eye drop and eye wash which is safe and made with salt and distilled water. No preservatives and they state that the opened bottles should be thrown away at the end of each week.
            My husband uses these drops when his eyes are sore and dry as well. They soothe the eyes better than any of the other products but the downside is for me that as it is not a gel it does not stay for long in the eyes. I have been using a small bottle of drops in each eye each day, however since I have been using the autologous eye serum I find that I do not need the saline eye drops all day but need the shower, then saline at around 5pm in order to last the evening out as that is when the dryness is now kicking in.

According to Moorfileds there appear to be no issue on how much saline drops you use in a day.

So for UK sufferers your local Dr can prescribe preservative free saline eye drops, either in a bottle form which the chemist orders directly from Moorfields pharmacy or using individual saline eye drops minims which the local chemist seem to keep. I prefer the bottle as it is easier to handle and so my local Dr and chemist prescribe that for me.

Hope that this helps the UK sufferers

Comment

Working...
            X