This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye heat while travelling?

I am very dependent on microwaved rice baggies in the afternoons to get me through the day -- and I need them to be pretty warm to have an effect.

Any advice on any products that I can use when travelling or out of the office where I do not have access to either a microwave, or for compresses, hot tap water or hot pot to plug in somewhere?

I have seen thermoeyes on this site, but am not sure if it can provide the necessary heat, and quite honestly, am a little confused by the 3 different versions. Also, I saw a hotsnapz.com product on the web that produces heat -- they are pocket warmers or neck warmers.

Any advice or other ideas???

Eric

I sure have some advice for you.

I was also a rice baggy addict and still believe it to be the best way to heat up those lids. That hot rice really gets in there.

However, when I was pregnant a year or so ago, the smell of the hot rice made me so sick, so I couldn't do it anymore. I resorted to using a heating pad instead. I put a moist washcloth in it, fold the pad and let it heat up for a few minutes. Then I put the hot washcloth over my eyes and the heating pad on top the washcloth. I push the heating pad pretty close to my eyes and enjoy the warmth. It really does relax me and does wonders for the eyes.

As with the rice bag or anything else, do be careful about exposing your eyes to extreme heat. Hot compresses are no good it they're too hot.

I realize the heating pad needs to be plugged in, but it's been pretty convenient for me.

Diana
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

alternative to rice baggy

Hi,
      My brother sent me some handwarmers from a store in London called Fat Face. They are like a big version of Thermoeyes with the little clickable metal disk inside and stay hotter longer. They really help to unclog my eyelids. I have searched the net for an alternative as I am in Canada. The only thing that I could find that was similar was from a company called Hotsnapz. Now I sent them a money order at the beginning of February and am still waiting for them to arrive. They had some trouble with my address and I was told last friday that they had been sent. I will post as soon as they arrive and let you know how they work. If you happen to do a search and find something similar I would love to hear from you.
      Good luck,
      Elaine

Comment

Maybe toe warmers

Here is the link to a toe warmer that a friend uses. Maybe this will work for you. http://www.amazon.com/Heatmax-Hot-Ha...588817-8560713

Billye

Comment

finally getting back to you....

I finally received my order from Hotsnapz but initially I only received half of my order and I had to bug them for a few weeks until the rest of it arrived. Then I was charged duty on the 2nd parcel. Not on the 1st one and it weighed the same!
          The product itself is very good but I wouldn't say the same about the company. Maybe living in the States would be easier (I am in Canada) as you could at least contact the management if you had any problems. Their number is not available outside of the States.
          If you do order I would order the smaller size heatpack. They are about two and half inches in length as opposed to the larger size that I ordered which are about 5 or 6 inches in length.
          Elaine

Comment

Working...
          X