This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Bound

I'm leaving for Florida on Friday the 13th. Go figure. We plan on being gone for about a month. It will be interesting to see how the temp/humidity changes affect my dry eyes.

After 3 months of snow on the ground and temps below freezing all the time, I'm looking forward to something different. I will not take my humidifers. I will have my other dry eye paraphenalia with me though. I won't have access to a computer on a daily basis, but hopefully won't have to go the whole month without DEZ. I'll be in withdrawal. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Enjoy, my friend. Whereabouts will you be? You couldn't have picked a better time to get away. By February, I'm always looking to get the heck out...and I'm not near as far N as you.

D
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

I hope you have a wonderful time. If you get a chance, please send some warmth and sunshine my way!
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Lucy,
        I hope you have a great time. Remember many places will be running the air conditioning indoors.

I was just up in the Syracuse New York area. 15 degrees was the high temp most days, one day it was zero up near Watertown. No moisture in the air at all. Brrrr

Comment

Have an awesome time Lucy. Soak up those rays....

Boy, this winter is the first time I've actually MISSED Florida a wee bit since moving in 2006.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Don't forget to pack your water-wings and 'skeeter repellent, and check out your steps for alligators each morning before you bring in the newspaper, okay?

Also if you should find yourself anywhere near MJ /Meledie Joy, do give her a special hug from me!

Comment

Enjoy my dear friend.

I have recently come back from Australia for 3 weeks (yep second time this year) and the break was just what I needed. High humidity, not a lot to stress about and spending time with family. What more could a dry eye person want.

Ian

Comment

Bon voyage, Lucy. I hope that you have a great trip and enjoy a lot of eye-friendly weather!

--Liz

Comment

Bon voyage. I hope you have a great time in Florida and that the humidity brings comfort to your eyes. We're going to miss you here on DEZ!

Comment

[When I was down in Florida for a week last year my eyes were the best they ever been. In the morning they were all white and could see the tears on my eyes. Only had one bad day and think that was more allergy related.

QUOTE=Lucy;38751]I'm leaving for Florida on Friday the 13th. Go figure. We plan on being gone for about a month. It will be interesting to see how the temp/humidity changes affect my dry eyes.

After 3 months of snow on the ground and temps below freezing all the time, I'm looking forward to something different. I will not take my humidifers. I will have my other dry eye paraphenalia with me though. I won't have access to a computer on a daily basis, but hopefully won't have to go the whole month without DEZ. I'll be in withdrawal. Lucy[/QUOTE]

Comment

Have a great time, and enjoy the warm humid weather!

-Shells

Comment

Hi everyone,
                        I'm atill in Florida! I think it's been 3 weeks now. It's wonderful to get sun almost 100% of the time. Back home, I think it was like 3% of the available sunshine for most of the winter. I hear the snow has melted and the weather warmed up. Winter isn't over because it snows in March often and even April.

My eyes are much better than being in a heated environment all the time. I am not pain-free, but the extra moisture in the air helps! Today, we went on a short "cruise" and it was very windy and thanks to my trusty Panoptx goggles/glasses, I didn't suffer any eye damage. We will be heading back to Mich within a few days. It's a long 1200 miles and thankfully my hubby does all the driving. His eyes are awesome.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

We are back in Michigan. It is raining and very cold. I am glad the rain isn't snow or it would be worse. Back to the heated environment is tough on the eyes, although it was nice having a substantial break in routine. Lucy

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Welcome back, Lucy! Have you seen the ice intruding into people's houses on Lake Huron? We still have some winter here, that is for sure.

I'm glad that you had a good trip!

--Liz

Comment

Working...
                            X