This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with dry red eyes

I just started a new job a few weeks ago and forgot how bad an indoor office environment makes my eyes feel. I am used to the dry gritty feeling, but the worst part for me is how red my eyes get. I havent had anyone ask me what is wrong yet? But I am very self conscious about it. They are okay when I start my shift, but 8 hours later they are a mess. Anyone else dealing with this? Any tips?

I to have the same problem.Eyes are like the devil at the end of my shift.I use drops when i can but doesn't make much difference! I'd also appreciate any tips.I think i have occular rosacea but need it diagnosing

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie27 View Post
      I just started a new job a few weeks ago and forgot how bad an indoor office environment makes my eyes feel. I am used to the dry gritty feeling, but the worst part for me is how red my eyes get. I havent had anyone ask me what is wrong yet? But I am very self conscious about it. They are okay when I start my shift, but 8 hours later they are a mess. Anyone else dealing with this? Any tips?
      Yeah,
      My eyes usually start the working day OK, not normal, just OK. Eight hours of aircon, flouro lights, computers, dry air etc later, and they're getting sore. If i'm lucky, I can drive home in a state of mild discomfort rather than the pain I spent most of last year dealing with.
      I get home and hug my humidifier for half and hour, Lol.

Comment

I leave home early in the morning with already burning eyes so you can imagine how I feel them by the end of the day. It's like a nightmare in hell. I hope some day I could just wake up.

Comment

If i use Optimmune gel when i work in an airconditioned environment with computer and harsh lights, I almost do not feel any discomfort. And it requires very INfrequent instillation.

i have severe dry eye from Sjogren's.With painful mucous plaques and all.

Comment

Can you put a small humidifier on your desk?

Also, if possible, sit higher and place your monitor lower, so that you are looking down on it. This will keep your eyelids hooded more and will expose less ocular surface to the air.

Take frequent breaks, close your eyes, and roll your eyeballs around to redistribute the tear film.

Experiment with different types of rewetting drops.

Comment

and wear moisture chambers glasses

The only thing that keeps my eyes okay...is moisture chamber glasses...nothing has worked except that! Thank gosh! I dont care what I look like anymore....I have eye that work when I get off!

Comment

Im wondering how on earth i am going to hold down a job with this awful dry eye. I barely get threw a few hours of doing anything out of the house a day, how am i gonna manage full time work?

The worst part of it is the concentration, the dryness really effects it and when you are just starting a career you need to learn and concentrate hard!

Im hopefully moving to the US with my fiance but i can imagine people wont be understanding..

I dont know what to do.. I feel like im just stuck, i want to work, im not lazy but physically and mentally cant much coz of DRYEYE!
                I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Live it up Sazy!

Sazy, I have read many of your postings in the last 2 years and you have been an inspiration to me! Your desire to find a cure and not settle rings true with me also....If I could give a little back I would say dont give into the fear of the unknown...I understand the degree of your uncertainty...do yourself a favor...step out there! you are young and vibrant ....make the adjustment you need to to carry on and dont fear other people or their reaction....go for the job you want! wear goggles or shades or whatever you have to but let your spirit shine girl! It is bright from what I can see! Leave a big footprint on this earth when you go from here so we will all know who you were! Not a little smudge of a fingerprint that no one will ever identify you from! You Rock girl!

Comment

Im actually in the process of getting glasses for work (Im on a mac, in aircon, in a bright office aaaaall day)

1 to create a physical barrier from the aircon etc to reduce evaporation
                    2 to help my eyes not get so fatigued – I believe dry eye can wear them out a bit?

have any of you guys got glasses to reduce evaporation/reduce fatigue and or strain?

I think its worth doing every little thing that helps. together they make your DES a little easier to handle.

Comment

Adjustments!

Originally posted by laurenjii View Post
                      Im actually in the process of getting glasses for work (Im on a mac, in aircon, in a bright office aaaaall day)

1 to create a physical barrier from the aircon etc to reduce evaporation
                      2 to help my eyes not get so fatigued – I believe dry eye can wear them out a bit?

have any of you guys got glasses to reduce evaporation/reduce fatigue and or strain?

I think its worth doing every little thing that helps. together they make your DES a little easier to handle.
                      When I am on the computer I will start out with my cheap goggles and let moisture build and when I have enough then I switch to my Panoptic pair with transition lens to help cut the glare from harsh overhead lights in my classroom....when they fog up then I go through the process all over again! Sometimes we must make adjustments to survive !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X