This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• may lose my job

Ive had to call in too many times. Eye infections, really bad eye days, flu, and lately this allergy season is really bad and making my eye problem 2x worse. I won't panick over losing this job because Its a bad environment for my eyes anyway and it doesn't pay well.

If they do decide to dump me for calling in too much. My place only limits 3 call in a year... yeah it's strict. Would I be able to get unemployment until I find a more eye-friendly job? Maybe even give my eyes a break for once?
    Anyone have any tips for this situation? Is it possible to get it after being fired?

In order to collect unemployment, you must be able and willing to work. If you're sick with your dry eye issues or any illness which keeps you from working, you cannot collect unemp.

Usually if you're fired, you can't collect BUT since you are ill, you won't be able to anyhow. Check with your company and see if it has any short term disability pay which might help you through until you're better.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Have you tried googles such as those form 7Eye / Wiley X?
      Also, you might want to consider scleral lenses.

Comment

Originally posted by wetEyes View Post
        Have you tried googles such as those form 7Eye / Wiley X?
        Also, you might want to consider scleral lenses.
        i have some onion glasses... and i wear them at work when I am able. Every...single...day I have to explain why im wearing weird glasses and most of the people just think im a whacko "his cheese slid off his cracker" "not playing with a full deck"

My current doctor is still throwing diff meds at me.. I finally convinced him to try punctal plugs today going to see if that helps me much. Scleral Lenses is on my list definitely, well, the end of my list because its the most expensive and difficult along with restasis... My doc got a prescript for restasis and I had no idea it costed that just for a month supply..

my money is a tight I've put off nursing school hoping my eyes will get better because I honestly couldn't make it through that tough program with my eyes like they are.

So you see how much it sucks to be young without a college education and as a result without a good paying job to help me with expensive eye treatments.
        Be thankful that you were able to enjoy your young adulthood for most of you who run into eye problems in upper-middle age and older.

So much for the prime of my life. so much for life until i get this problem fixed.

Comment

The Wiley X with clear lenses look MUCH better than the onion goggles. With perfectly fitting MEGS (moisture environment glasses) you should be able to get at least 50% relief.

Also, try AzaSite. It seems to help many people significantly within 1 month. My dry eye doctor (an expert) told me the current literature on it looks intriguing.

P.S. what's your exact diagnosis and what caused your dry eyes?
          P.P.S. my thoughts are with you - you can send me a private message any time

Comment

Different People respond differently to various treatments.
            AzaSite has helped some people tremendously on this board.

Taste also differs from person to person.

Comment

Statistically speaking, a sample of 11 patients is insufficient to make a valid conclusion about the population (that is, all dry eye patients taking AzaSite).

Also, I would guess that the people that are helped very much by it won't spend as much time here and are therefore less likely to participate in the poll.

Comment

Regarding the appearance of the clear Wileys... in my opinion, although they look better than the onion goggles, they are still pretty crazy-looking in a work environment.

However, the sunglasses Wiley's look like pretty decent. I'll never ever (if I can help it) be seen in public with my clear Wileys... but I've worn the sunglasses style EVERYWHERE, even at work.... The foam gasket on the Wileys is much more subtle than the Panoptx, so if you have a choice, I'd choose the Wileys for sure (sunglasses!)

Comment

SAAG, could you please give a link with these nice looking glasses!

Comment

Working...
                  X