This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackolso View Post
    Lovaza is an expensive form of Omega 3. I don't see much advantage to it.

Krill oil is better at reducing inflammation than regular fish oil. I like the Arctic Pure Krill from the source naturals catalog. Source Naturals makes high quality supplements. Krill oil contains phospholipids and astaxanthin. The phospholipids bind to the Krill and help it pass through the digestive system easier. Essentially, if someone wants to take 3 grams of Omega 3 fish oil a day, they would only need to take 2 grams of Krill to reach the same level of Omega 3 and 6 in the blood.

Krill is recommended by a lot of gyno's for the pain and inflammation women experience with PMS. Regular fish oil does not work. Several studies have shown Krill to be effective at alleviating arthritis pain by reducing inflammation. You could substitute the Krill of the Lovza.

In addition to the Krill you can take Pomegranate either by drinking two 6 to 8 oz cups of the PURE juice a day or taking 3 gel caps. Brownwood acres (FastFruit) has the best gel caps in terms of quality on the market in my opinion. Pomegranate has also been researched for inflammation reduction effectiveness and it's very good.

The next thing that will help your inflammation is Turmeric. You can do your own research on Turmeric. It works best when combined with black pepper and a bit of fat like coconut oil. Turmeric tablets aren't water soluable so hardly any of it gets through the digestive system. The research on Turmeric suggests that mixing the power into a liquid with a small bit of black pepper and a little fat helps it survive the digestive process. I mix some of the powders that don't taste so good like turmeric or vitamin C with Citrucel and water. Citrucel has a strong orange flavor that masks a lot of lessor flavors. You can also mix turmeric and the pepper with flavored cod liver oil for the fat. Just a little cod liver oil is good enough.

I take all three of those supplements and they've cut the inflammation makers in my blood by two thirds. In my case I have stubborn inflammation so that's huge for me. I have no idea how they will work on you. Of course you should research any side effects and the best methods for taking these.

I don't have time to post all the research studies I have on these, you'll have to hunt those down. It sounds like amount of Flax is a bit high but it shouldn't hurt.
    thank you so much for all the info, how much turmeric do i need per day? I was taking it with some humuas and bread. Is it ok or it has to be with water? I am going to do as u said krill oil, juice and turmeric. may be I can bring down the eyelid inflammation down. I am also taking doxy and azsite for few months. I am doing everything to bring down this inflammation as it is making my eye lashes growing toward my cornea. Thank u for your reply.

Comment

Combining supplements with meds Talk to your doctor

thank you so much for all the info, how much turmeric do i need per day? I was taking it with some humuas and bread. Is it ok or it has to be with water? I am going to do as u said krill oil, juice and turmeric. may be I can bring down the eyelid inflammation down. I am also taking doxy and azsite for few months. I am doing everything to bring down this inflammation as it is making my eye lashes growing toward my cornea. Thank u for your reply.
      You need to talk to your doctor and make sure the supplements don't interfere with your antibiotics.

Generally if the inflammation is caused by bacteria, then the supplements won't help until the bacteria is completely gone. Inflammation in the presence of bacteria is the body walling off the infection and trapping it to keep it from spreading.

Turmeric can be taken with anything. It's not water soluble however so it would simply float and not dissolve in water. Mixed with a little pepper, it can be taken with most anything that's workable for you. Coconut oil is good. Dipping your bread in olive oil would also help the turmeric survive digestion. Some people like Almond oil better. It's all a matter of taste. Taking it at the same time as the Krill also helps.

It sounds like you have an infection. After the infection is controlled, cold compresses will probably bring the swelling down the fastest.

Comment

thank u for ur the respond. The doc said, I do not have an active infection, do not know what does it mean? I do not have any bischarge too. but my eye lid margin is red and thickened or swellen. I do not have any allergy .I am going to do as u said, and c what happens. thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X