This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an anti-glare filter for computer screen

I just got a 3M anti-glare/ privacy filter to put over my laptop screen to help reduce the stress on my eyes. Apart from the sending me a standard 15" screen when I asked for a 15.6" widescreen one (grrr!!!!) the other problem is that the filter actually blurs the image slightly. This in turn is tiring out my eyes. It's looking like a lose-lose situation.

Has anyone found an anti-glare filter that maintains a crisp image while reducing glare?

The one I have is a sheet of plastic that sits over the laptop screen...a mis-sized sheet of plastic that cost me €50! Not a great start to the day.
    The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

I use this program. I adjust it so that it is always at the nighttime setting. It has reduced the discomfort of using the computer a lot for me.

http://stereopsis.com/flux/

Comment

Thanks Magoo - I've been using that software for a while and I love it! It makes such a difference. Unfortunately I need something a bit more hardcore lately; I'v been spending a lot of time on the computer and my eyes are really suffering for it. I've stuck the filter I just bought directly onto my computer screen which has made the image a bit clearer. I'm going to keep an eye out for other types, but I get the feeling I'm going to have to spend a lot of money on another sheet of plastic.
      The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

I would also love to know the answer to this question. I spent $80 for a filter for my computer at work, and I had to tape it to the screen so that the text wasn't blurry. There must be a better option.

By the way, I found something else that really helped me with the glare. The white background on the screen was too much for me, so I changed the background to black and the text is white. It's that way for all of my applications (Outlook, Word, Google). I thought it would take a long time to get used to, but it really didn't, and I love it. I also have floaters and it has helped with that too. In addition, I installed that f.lux program people on this forum were talking about so the little white that I do see (the text) is toned down after hours. And with the filter on top of it, I can work on the computer for hours. I probably don't even need the filter at this point, but I'd like to get one for home because that computer has a white background and my husband would not be able to get used to a black background.

Comment

Working...
        X