Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is dry eye pain worse in flourescent lighting?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is dry eye pain worse in flourescent lighting?

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that they experienced eye pain when working in flourescent lighting?

I am trying to figure out if this is related to undergoing laski surgery or if it a symptom of dry eye?

Has anyone noted an improvement in flourescent related eye pain while wearing scleral lenses?

Any ideas??

Hi there -

Yes, my eyes look and feel the worst when in flourescent light. Shopping feels like torture between the lights and the fans. (I have never had LASIK.) On other boards I've read that many with ocular rosacea experience this too so I'm not sure if it's just a component of dry eye or not. I've mentioned this to all the docs I've seen and none knew why the lights exacerbate the pain. I rememebr more then 20 yrs ago when I was home from college and my mom and I would go to the grocery together. She said it was like someone clicked a switch in my eyes - outside they looked fine but as soon as we were inside the store the immediately becam red and irritated. Back then that was the only time it happened but now it's constant.

Comment

I always have trouble with that. Especially at the grocery store, or department stores. It is really bad there and almost unbearable.

Comment

Yes, dry eye pain is worse in fluorescent lighting. And, I prefer lamps to overhead lighting in my house.

Comment

Yes I find it way worse. If my eyes have any open erosions its almost unbearable and I now where sunglasses pretty much everywhere.

Comment

Working...
          X