Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't stand LCDs and fluorescent lights!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't stand LCDs and fluorescent lights!!

Hi,

I had lasik a few years back and now cannot stand to be under fluorescent lights, they make me very irritated and I become distressed.

Was wondering if folks who have issues with fluorescent lights also have problems staring at a computer LCD display?

I recently got my CRT monitor replaced by an LCD, and I am not a happy camper. Getting blurred vision and easily tired eyes.

Are their eye drops I can take to reduce this problem?

Thanks for listening,
    Fabian.

I have the same problem since 2001... ever since my company forced me to use first-generation LCD monitors.

LCDs ARE fluorescent lights. There's a flat fluorescent lamp behind the screen, and when you look at anything that is mostly white, like Google.com, you're staring directly at the lamp.

In my experience,

a) switching to CRT is mandatory for long-term ... even if you have to buy one yourself and drag it in to work
    b) playing with brightness settings and all kinds of screen filters can help, but not enough
    c) eyedrops help, but not enough to sustain a workday with an LCD monitor. With an LCD, my eyes irritate 3 times as fast as they do with a CRT.

Comment

Is there a "screen" you can put on your monitor to tone down the brightness that is bothering you? I know at work, we used to have people with screens added over the monitor.

I ,personally, had to have the fluorescent lights directly above my desk turned off.

Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I agree with Jack re hardware. - With LASIK some people get the double whammy of reduced contrast plus dry eye which makes fluorescents very tough on the eyes. Most of us I think hate shopping in places like Walmart for that reason. - Artificial tears can help, so can eyewear.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X