Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Office dry eye sufferers: Your wishlist for a moisture chamber?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dream glasses

I would like my Panoptx goggles to come in bright colors, be much cheaper, fit better (so I didn't get headaches and sore spots by my ears), and not be double glass so I wouldn't look so strange. I do wear them all the time now, and I get tired of the stares, even though less upset. One advantage though is that it doesn't matter so much if I pluck my eyebrows...
    Elaine

Comment

Normal looking Glasses/Googles is a pretty niche market, all the bring brands like RayBan etc.. must start a seperate line of products for DryEyes.

Comment

I don't believe it is possible to camouflage goggles like this to make them look completely 'normal'. They are always going to stand out.

But as an engineer who works on the computer I would be interested in something that looks like a professional aid more than like an item for leisure/sports or for people with disabilities.

I am thinking that an angular design with a metallic/dull grey look would be fitting. Or something that looks like futuristic VR goggles, but again, without the video game associations.

But I agree it is strange that these products apparently don't exist.
        A hundred years ago accountants would wear a green sunshade to work (though I don't know for what reason), and it looked completely natural, so why couldn't there be stuff like that for office workers today?

Comment

Hi,

I would like to get something to be fitted on my prescription glasses. Something like a doctor wanted to get patented..... Rojzen-asked us to take a survey.If the fitting can be done easily by each individuals that will be the best. I've had my moisture chamber glasses at work and nobody realized unless I told them to pay attention.

Thanks,

George

Comment

Hi,
            just a simple question....do you think that a good humidifier near the Computer is like having a moisture chamber glasses???

Thanks

Comment

I do not believe that it would ever be possible to have a moisture chamber pair of clear lens glasses that do not look freaky.

It is possible to have this with a sunglasses lens...

The trouble all of us face is finding something that we can wear in the office without drawing attention to us. This I believe is impossible. I myself would rather wear prescription (-2.0) sunglasses than have clear lens goggles which do look ridiculous.

I am therefore faced with ... the why are you wearing sunglasses on a dark winter's day question! As I meet many different people, this does become very tiring. Therefore i tend to wear them in my office, where everyone understands..and then switching to normal glasses for meetings (and just suffer!).

Comment

humidifier v. moisture chamber

Personally, I don't find any room-sized solution to be comparable to the micro-environment produced by a moisture chamber. That's because my quest, in wearing moisture chambers, is to minimize or eliminate the movement of air over my ocular surface. More ambient humidity may slow tear evaporation, but it is not likely to arrest air movement as much as will an enclosure right over the eyes. . .

I would hazard that people who don't suffer from "menthol sensation," as I do, might do just as well with humidifiers as with moisture chamber glasses, though. . .
                <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Working...
                X