This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my office got dual monitors, screen is glaring

A couple of weeks ago our whole office got dual monitors, sounded like a good idea at the time except that the 2nd (new screen) has a glaring resolution, it must be a cheap graphics card or something, I've played with the contrast/brightness/resolution and it doesn't help if i make it too dark I"m peering to read the documents on the screen.

We have an imaging system that we rely on heavily (we're paperless) and the white background is absolutely blinding - well for me with my light sensitive eyes. I've asked my boss for anti glare filters which he agreed to only after someone else in the office complained (he wasn't going to get it for just me) but they arrived too large and he seems reluctant to re-order them. For the time being I've turned off my 2nd monitor. I figure they know I have a problem with my eyes and I've told them the new screens hurt my eyes, so what else can I do? Is anyone else experiencing this type of problem?

Just an idea, but are you able to control the lighting around your computer screens? For me, I need to keep the lighting down. Blinds are shut. No light into the computer screen. The only light I have is a small Ott light next to my computer when I need the light.

What about wearing sunglasses?

Best wishes,
    dryeyes2

Comment

Yes!!!! I have experienced this type of problem. However, my HUGE symptom is light sensitivity so that shouldn't be a surprise.

To combat it, I've tried playing around with the contrast/brightness as you mentioned. I've also worn sunglasses. However, you'd be pretty surprised how little this helped. Without this, I probably couldn't use a computer. With it, I can use a computer COMFORTABLY for maybe 5-10 minutes (up to 30-40 max but it's really painful).

Unfortunately, I had to quit my job because it required significant computer usage. Hopefully, you'll find some way to cope.

Oh wait!: Here's a good tip. Raise your seat so you don't look directly at the computer. Also, it might be better to keep windows (like your web browser or an Excel speadsheet) small and near the middle of the screen. That way you won't have to constantly be moving your eyes back and forth and tiring them out.

Sorry if this wasn't uplifting, but at least you know someone else has problems. However, my light sensitivity is probably more of a problem.

Comment

Glare Screens

You might try looking at something like this.http://www.nextag.com/All--zzmonitor...z2zBiz5---html I have one on my computer and it helps tremendously. We paid about $50.00 for it by ordering on line. It depends on the size of the computer screen what you would have to pay for it, but by searching you can find one that is reasonably priced. Then you might try getting your doctor to write you a letter of medical necessity to turn into your insurance for re-imbursement. (or your company asking for re-imbursement)..........just a thought.

Billye

Comment

Working...
        X