Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need tips for dry eyes while at college!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Amy

Hi Amy,
    Luckily for me while I was at Uni my dry eyes weren't too bad then. Never worry about putting drops in while you are out in public. I put drops in any old time, I don't care where I am or who I am with and noone minds, everynow and then someone will take a second look but thats about it. Ads someone has already said, there are some stranger people out there you can bet your life on that!

I fully understand re the embarrassement of having red eyes, I am like you and can't wear eye makeup, so have red, puffy eyelids and red eyes. I have older ladies asking me why I have been crying and is there anything they can do, I have been accused of smoking dope, injecting in my eyes you name it! But people are usaully just concerned, and its nice to know people care.

I would definitely avoid smoke, that makes my eyes ten times worse, get plenty of sleep and have fun, which I am sure you will. I had a look at your profile and you mention sjogrens syndrome, I have that. Do you have problems with dry mouth/arthritis?

Anyway good luck, you will have fun, keep us posted!!

Jo

Comment

Amy,

Do keep us posted on your progress at school. We're not jealous of your dry eye condition at this phase of your life, but the college years are wondeful memories - at least for me. If you need us, let us know...

Diana
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

well, college is less than a week away for me now. Like I said before, I'll be sure and take all y'alls advice into consideration while I'm there. I'm going to a MASSIVE university, so I'm planning on trying to get to know people of similar interests by joining a couple clubs. Please pray that my eye problems don't cause me too much trouble while I'm away. I'm hoping I'll find some caring understanding friends, who'll accept me for me. I want to have the best time as remotely possible, and hopefully, the dry eye won't keep me from enjoying myself. I've always believed though that God doesn't give you more than you can handle.
        -Amy

Comment

Working...
        X