This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best/Worst Laptops for Dry Eyes

For the past 4 years I have been using a Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop and it has not caused me any serious pain or discomfort with respect to my dry eyes. I recently, however, used my wife's new Apple MacBook Pro laptop with a glossy screen and it gave me more eyestrain, though not terrible. I bought the same model but have not taken it out of the package, thinking that I may have to return it.

I want to get a new laptop, but am unsure which type to buy (and if I should return my Apple). For instance, I heard Sony also has laptops with glossy screens. For those unfamiliar, traditional laptops have "matte" screens, but Apple's have "glossy" screens that have a lot of reflection.

Can anyone else share their good or bad computer experiences?

I bought an HP laptop last year; it has the glossy screen and it's not a problem for me. True, you can't use it anywhere there's lots of reflected light. The thing I don't like, though (and this may be true for all laptops) is the cooling fan and air movement---the air bothers my eyes more than using a desktop.

I think it depends on what you use a laptop for. I regretted not doing my research, because I use mine a lot for images and graphics, and the color rendition on the screen is TERRIBLE. I've tried all kinds of calibration and nothing helps. My two computers render colors totally different and I never know what's correct. I've heard that Macs are much better in this respect.

C

Comment

actually you should try some laptop forums too as you'd be surprised that tech fans will actually be able to help you with this, I've seen posts on this before when I got my last PC - as IT workers / gamers have to look out for this for themselves too (as they spend so many hours on them) so the hard core computer users will have great some tips!

As they change so often, I guess trying some forums and tech experts would be worth it each time any of us with DES go for a new laptop.

there's one called: notebook.com which seems good.
      just keep swimming...

Comment

I use CRT moniter at home
        Try different contrast and brightness setting, the lower the less hurt
        The reflesh frequency also important.

Comment

Working...
        X