Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horrible day-had to leave work..anyone else?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible day-had to leave work..anyone else?

so frustrating.. i was so dry yesterday after doing well all weekend... swamped at work-no breaks from the computer and today i ended up leaving after being there for 4 hours..my eyes couldn't take it anymore. They hurt so much.. Anyone else out there relate? I tried Lotemax but it doesn't seem to do anything..................
    Jenny

Jenny

Your frustrations sound so familar.

There were countless days after my surgery that I either left work early, or just couldn't find the motivation to attend at all. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I run my own business so if I don't work I don't get paid - no sick pay, so I had to dig very deep somedays to find the motivation to go to the office to stick it out.

As difficult as it sounds, you must insist on taking breaks from your computer, all it will do is make your problem worse and that is not going to benefit anyone.

These days, I seem to be dealing with this a lot better, my dryness comes and goes and is much more manageable today than ever before.

I share your frustration.

Ian

Comment

Hi Jenny

Had problems at work myself - especially in the early days when I didn't understand/manage my condition. My eyes would get so sore, then I'd get major eye strain and light sensitivity leading to frontal headahces. There were days I simply had to go home (a 45 minute drive home wasn't ideal in those cases either).

Now I'm working from home a couple of days a week (for now, employer may decide that's not ok), getting more sleep, wearing Wiley-X's with strap at work (I look strange but so be it), and trying to look after my eyes more.

I wouldn't say I'm in paradise but I'm at least coping.

Comment

Thank you so much for your replies. I work in a call center so it is hard to take breaks from the computer-long breaks that is... I guess I need to be more upfront with the management-they don't know about my condition as I have only been there for 7 months and didn't want to tell them about my illness as I fear it will stigmatize me...I am debating on whether going in late today so I don't stress that my eyes won't function for the full 8 hours....

Unfortunatley I can't wait wiley-x type of glasses as I have to wear regular glasses to see! Otherwise I would. My RX is too bad to get any made in the goggle type as well. It is well over a minus 2. lol..

o well.. thanks again for the support...My doctor had me halve my doxy RX that past week and i wondering if that is the cause because i was doing so well. I am going to start taking the regular dose i was on again -of course I called my doc and am awaiting his response..
        thanks to you both for responding.. i was having a desperate moment last night-so upset about work and not being able to function...
        Jenny

Comment

dry eye people can't work with computer for long time
          nothing can help except you cure yourself...

overload would need long time rest to get back to a better state

I had give up working for a long time...

Comment

Working...
          X