This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work environmental problems

How do others get on at work? I am office based, and am quite lucky at the moment, as I am temporarily in quite a small office with my immediate colleagues, who are sympathetic. They have sat me away from the aircon/hot air, and as the lighting is in blocks, have taken the bulbs out immediatlely above me, but we are moving to a much bigger new building soon, and we'll be with lots of other departments, and I just don't see how they can take into account everybody's needs. I cannot stand airconditioning, or bright lights, and I can't imagine everybody sitting in near darkness, or even understanding anything about my eyes. How does everybody else get on?

I am not working sue to other health conditions then this but I have read here how people use goggles,individual humidifier,I am not sure if they have a tinted glasses for less light. Good luck. I know how hard in just daily life it is with the eyes and natural daily things.

Comment

Even in a large office, you can have maintenance direct the vents so air flows away from you. A personal humidifier at your desk can help. I bought a no-glare screen protector for my computer which helps, as does extra tint on my lenses. When my eyes really flare, I have been known to wear sunglasses! I find amber color lenses help with the glare and are not too dark to wear indoors. If you can sit by a window I find that the natural light helps to counteract the effects of the florescent lighting. I am about ready to try some photo gray lenses as well. One final note, try to find out what is causing the light sensitivity and treat that medically. Good luck.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Sally

I have problems in my workplace as well, The air circulation is very bad and the whole place is just dry because my colleagues who have no problems with their eyes complain about the dry air all the time.

I have the sclera lenses that I got about a month ago and they are a great help but I can tell you when I am at work I have to put rewetting drops on my lenses because the circulation is so bad.

I hope your move is not that bad and you are able to get some releif while at work since we do spend most of our life in the office.
        I would definitely pick up a cheap pair of tinted glasses to wear in the office to help ease with the lighting.
        I actually picked up a pair that is slightly tinted and looks like reading glasses in Kohls so they do not look like sunglasses.

Good luck to you

Comment

Thank you so much for your help, will bear it all in mind. Thanks again.

Sally

Comment

Working...
          X