This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Your Computer Resolution

I know this is going to sound like the dumbest, silliest post ever, but bear with me.

A while ago, I was taking a drug (Lyrica) for some other issues, and it blurred my vision for a while, so i lowered the resolution on my computer quite a bit. After I stopped taking the drug I didn't change the settings back, and after a week or so I found a huge difference in my dry eye symptoms! I have a mid-level case of MGD with some aqueous deficiency (two sets of plugs), but are really bound to my computer by work. Anyway, for anyone else out there who has to be on their computer, I would SERIOUSLY recommend giving it a try. You lose the ability to keep a lot open on the desktop, but really, it's done more than doxycycline or restasis for me!

Sorry to be so dense, but exactly how do you do that? Take it slow, please...not so good at the techie things, but more than willing to learn!

Comment

Well, it depends on your operating system (Mac OSX, Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc.).

On a mac, you open "System Preferences", then click "displays". I think in windows you go into your Control Panels and look for one called "Displays" or "Monitors". In that panel in either system, there should be a list of numbers, like: 1024 x 640, 1152x720, 1280x800, etc. The higher that number, the more your computer tries to cram onto your screen. If you choose a lower set of numbers, everything will suddenly appear bigger. That means you can't have as much open, and sometimes it causes problems with websites that are designed to pack a lot in, but like I said, a small sacrifice if it helps!

Comment

If you're on a mac you can also enlarge the text on websites by holding down command shift + or - , you can also invert your screen (to reduce brightness) by pressing command alt ctrl and the number 8. You can also access these through system preferences then universal access.

Comment

On a PC, you can launch Internet Explorer and go to Tools ==> Internet Options. Then click on Accessibility and check "Ignore font sizes specified on web pages". After you do this, go to the View ==> Text Size menu in Internet Explorer; you can choose between 5 settings, from "Smallest" to "Largest" font. Because Internet Explorer and Windows are so interlinked, this will change default views in Office applications as well.

You can also right-click on your desktop and bring up the Properties menu. In the Appearance section, you can specify font styles, sizes, colors, etc - but it's a bit of a trial and error since you don't always know what the effect of the change will look like. Once you are happy with your settings, you can save them as a "theme" file.

Comment

Working...
          X