Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mad question but does anyone think my job would effect my eyes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mad question but does anyone think my job would effect my eyes?

Hi all

well this may sound strange but doesn anyone work in an animal enviroment or anything similar..............

well im a dog groomer(crazy i know) but im dog mad and wanted do this for years and finally got money to do it etc and i started this way after my dry eye problems started but as its a career i wanted to do i just did it and not thought on the kind of enviroment it is.

i use blaster dryers which is unfortunalty dry air blowing.
    i wear goggles to stop fur going in my eyes but doesnt keep the air out.
    and well its generally not the best place for me to be in but was curious to see if anyone else had any views or do what i do hahaha prob not but no harm in asking.

its just at that point of do i quit the job ive wanted for so long,dont know what to do

thanks

Hello again,
    I think that definitely your job may very well be making your symptoms worse.
    My first thought is how about trying some goggles that do keep the air out. There are goggles available with a very good seal around them.
    As a dog lover myself, I know I would want to try everything I could before quitting the job I love.

Lynda

Comment

I would think that it would be terrible for your eyes if you had allergies to pet dander and fragrance etc.... I would definitely wear your onion goggles all the time to protect your eyes.

I wish you were here. I have a westie in dire need of a cut.

Best wishes,
      Melissa
      pianolady

Comment

aww thanks for your responses

well ive been trying to find a pair of goggles that fit as there all to big even onion goggles and i dont think you can get anything in the uk so im struggling to get a pair.
        ordered some panoptx sunglasses off ebay and there to big so gutted so need try and sell them.
        so annoying having a petite face

aww i love doing westies hehe there my fave there so cute.

but if i had an allergy to them then surely id have other symptoms or maybe not,not sure how allergies work.

so i dont really wana do somethign that iritates me but on other hand its my job arghhhhh what a pain

thanks for getting back to me

Comment

I think you said you were going to have allergy testing done, so that will help you decide whether you can even stay in that line of work even with "airtight" goggles. I have a mild allergy to dogs but my doctor says my eye problems are not affected by that allergy. (Not sure I believe that, or how they can tell quite so positively) I do know I could not work in a dog grooming shop. Just too much flying around but maybe you will test totally negative for dog allergy, you never know. Best of luck.
          Lynda

Comment

lynda

ye i will try and track down a pair to see if they would help but like you say there is way to much fur flying around and to much dry air.
            if thats your dog in you pic its a a lil cutie.

will get an allergy test and see what that brings,its just my apoitment isnt for ages so thats why its taken while get it done.

thanks for the help

Comment

I live in fear that my doctor will tell me my 100 lb labrador is aggravating my eyes .... I'm prepared to tell him how sad I'll be on the day I send my eyes to the kill shelter.

Comment

Both my Lab and my cat have to be outside 100% of the time and I cannot touch them at all without setting off my eyes. Fortunately the rest of the family can give them attention and brush them.

Comment

RobLIC, I love your future response about your lab! When my eye doctor asked me if i had pets, I told him I was not willing to discuss that topic. He gave me a perplexed look and moved on. My dog is not negotiable.

Comment

aww im glad im not the only big dog lover hehe.
                    i lost my lab few months ago and have to say its the worse thing ive ever been thru miss her like mad but i know if she was still round i would never of given her up at all.
                    if im allergic to dogs then i will be devastated.

thanks for all your input

Comment

Working...
                    X