This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serum drops and travel without refrigeration

Every Halloween weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, there is a big Scottish Country Dance program. The rooms we stay in do not have refrigeration and I am very concerned about how I will keep my serum drops chilled for the entire weekend. I am sure there is a kitchen with a refrigerator in the dining hall, but I don’t see that as being a practical place to keep my drops or extra icepacks. When I am out and about I currently keep my drops in an insulated lunch sack with an ice pack or two around the bottles of drops. The bottles of drops are in a plastic bag.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Do the rooms have outlets? If you have a Costco nearby, last time I was there I noticed they had plug in Hello Kitty refrigerators that were just the perfect size for drops and things (maybe some Barleans too). They are smaller than the typical "dorm room" fridge so would be easily carried. I'd probably do something like that. You might be able to find one without Hello Kitty somewhere but this is the first one I've seen of this size so that's why I'm mentioning it.

A quick search and I found it online: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...62*&lang=en-US
    The description says it holds 6 12-oz cans and has a car adapter.

Comment

Does your room have an ice bucket and access to ice? I would bring a small insulated container and small ice pack. Then I would put ice in the ice bucket each night and freeze the little ice pack in it each night. In the morning I would put the ice pack in your insulated bag and you are good to go. I once had a small insulated bag that came with a small ice pack from the makers of similac baby formula. The bag only had room for the little ice pack it came with and one baby bottle, perhaos you could find something similar.

Comment

Working...
      X