Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long does it take for serum drops to help?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long does it take for serum drops to help?

i have been on serum drops for about 3 weeks now-my allergies (ragweed) are awful now so i really cannot tell if the drops are helping or not.

i was curious to those who use serum how long it took for the drops to help the dryness/inflammation?? thanks to all who reply!
    Jenny

How often are you using them?
    It's unlikely the serum drops will help with inflammation.
    Dryness, it really depends. I find that they do help but depending on outside factors (weather, heaters, a/c, diet, etc) I need them less or more often. What they really do is help heal / prevent damage that your lack of tears / lipid layer would normally prevent. When I started using them, my eyes were really bad and felt like sandpaper a lot. Now, I definitely have bad days but the corneal damage that I had is gone.

Make sure you are using them at least 6 times a day but if you need them more, particularly with bad allergies right now, it won't hurt you to use them more often. Plus, since they do have an expiration date http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...ht=serum+drops there's no reason to "save" them.

For inflammation, I've found that cold green tea bags are really great. I don't use them regularly due to time but if I've got more inflammation than usual or if I've cried (tearless or not), it really helps.

Comment

Jenny

I have posted on this before; serum improved my eyes from the word go but my starting point was pretty low. It had been sheer misery for quite some time so any relief was welcome. As PotatoCakes said - use them as often as you can. The inflammation became less severe too.

In my case, I reached a plateau with the serum; I didn't get the `hoped for' (and prayed for) result but it made things SO MUCH better than before. Having some respite from the constant eye discomfort helped my general health improve.

Comment

Hi,
        I started using the serum drops about 3 weeks after I loss my tear production and the scars in boths eyes had been open for that time with nothing to help. After starting the serum drops the scars closed within a couple of days. I do believe they helped my eyes to heal and recover much faster. I still have inflamation that comes and goes and my tears production has not improved. I was not told the serum drops would help either so I never expected that. I like to think of them as a way to help get my eyes some of the nourishment they would have had from my tears. I have RCE and my eyes still get sore but I think the serum drops keep them healthier then they would be without them. I have never had the same severe level of pain as when it first happened I spent days not being able to hardly function I was in sooo much pain. Now even when they open I can still manage to work and do limited activities. Not great but better than it could be.
        Hope you can find some relief soon.

Comment

Working...
        X