Strange event with Serum Tears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange event with Serum Tears

I decided a few weeks ago to discontinue Serum tears and just stick with Refresh Plus and Systane. My results with Serum were essentially marginal at best not to mention the cost and logistics involved of lab work and having to carry the stuff around in a cooler bag all the time. Plus, my insurance company has denied all the claims because Lieter's pharmacy refuses to send a letter with the serum contents (blood and saline for crying out load).

I decided to go ahead and finish off the batch I have, several bottles left. At 10AM today I put a drop in each eye and things went into bizzaro world within seconds: halos, shifting colors, blurry, floaters. I couldn't focus on my computer screen or read anything on the walls of my office. Good thing I didn't have to drive anywhere.

About an hour later the symptoms cleared and gave way to about 2 hours of incredibly good vision. I didn't need my Rx. I'd been having some right eye pain the last couple days and it totally went away. After a couple hours my eyes drifted back to their normaldry "dirty windshield" vision with Rx needed to see 20/25 or 20/30. Anyhow, it was the most dramatic change in vision I've experienced in such a short time. Subsequent applications of serum tears today produced no effects.

Anyone care to speculate on what happened?
Working...
X