Blood Serum Eye Drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Serum Eye Drops

So has anyone heard about or tried this?

My eye doctor told me a doctor in indiana does this. He explained that they take your blood, sift out the red and whilte blood cells reduceing it down. They then process the remainder, bottle it, and you use it. The idea here is that anything close to you own tear film, from your own body, is much better then artificial tears. He said this is a very pricey solution, but was willing to give me a referral.
    My Dry Eye Story:
    http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...7575#post47575

Msny,

I have heard of this and I am interested in these drops. Some people say.it does bring their eyes some relief. Anybody know a place in the Dallas area that does this?
    Lasik victim 2012

Comment

I first heard about these drops on this forum and was curious. I had a Dr. prescribe them and now have been using them (50% solution) 4X per day for about 3 months. They are not a panacea for eyes but i believe that they have helped me a lot. They seemed to sooth my eyes and have taken out a lot of the redness. At my last checkup last week I was told that my corneas were great (first time that they have not observed at least some minor problems) and I credit the serum. I believe you are correct in your assertion that they contain the factors that nourish the eye which are lacking in artificial tears.

I contacted a compounding pharmacy in my area and found that I can have them made locally. I would suggest you Google compounding pharmacy with the name of your nearest large city. If they don't make the drops perhaps you can persuade them to start. There is another post on this site that was started to create a list of known places where they are available. I will attach the link for that post:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...ght=#post70289

I strongly encourage you to try them if you can find someone to make them up. If they don't help they won't hurt. I wish you luck...F/G

Comment

You might try Apothecure in Dallas (I don't know whether they do serum but they do a lot of compounded opthalmic products). But if you've got a doctor who will prescribe them, they'll probably already have someone lined up that they work with.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X