Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autologous serum in 50% saline...what the heck is happening here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciated this post and hope more will get through the moderators. I have a dilemma. Since reading on this forum, I have learned a lot more than my eye doctor has been willing to share with me. If fact he has been telling me for years that there is not much to be done about DES. It first started in 1988 when a positive ANA led doctors on a merry chase to discover what might be causing that result as well as a sicca complex. They finally decided maybe Sjogren's and sent me home with eye drops. A lip biopsy had proven negative, and several tests for Hashimoto's have also come up negative. I have had trouble getting my thyroid numbers stable, hypo not hyper. Last time he put me on a course of Alrex, and I have been using Restasis for quite a while. The Alrex helped briefly, but in the last couple of months the problem has gotten much worse. Then in the last few days it has been less painful. Oh, yes, I have seborrheic dermatitis and hyperplasia as well as rosacea and am taking 50 mg of doxycycline prescribed by my dermatologist.
    I have an appointment with my eye doctor in four days and need help determining whether I need to change doctors. What questions should I ask to determine that, and how would I go about finding a doctor that actually cares about treating DES in Portland, OR? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comment

My last post was meant as a reply to eyemech. Should I have replied with quotes?

Comment

Working...
      X