This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serum users - specifically those 75-100%

When I pick up my drops, they are usually frozen (solid). This time, they weren't. I didn't give it a lot of thought but last week I took a fresh bottle out of the freezer and noticed they were not frozen. Usually I have to wait for them to thaw before I can use them but not this time. I keep my drops in a bag with an ice pack and nestled in the ice drawer (figure it's safer if the electricity goes off) so I turned down the freezer from 1 or 2 to -1.
    Yesterday I took a fresh bottle out of the freezer and again, still not frozen solid.

I called my "supplier" and he thought maybe the first time I had taken them out just after a defrost stage but twice in a row now and I've checked randomly to see if they are frozen. I know that serum doesn't freeze as well as water so the higher serum percentage could have an impact, still, I wanted to see if anyone else had noticed their serum drops didn't freeze solid?

I've used both 50% serum and 100% serum - mine have always frozen solid when in my freezer.

Comment

I've only had 100% serum. They froze solid.

The only thing I can think of that doesn't freeze solid is alcohol. But perhaps your freezer isn't working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by spmcc View Post
        But perhaps your freezer isn't working properly.
        Yes... could it be that your freezer isn't working properly? Does it freeze stuff like ice-cream rock hard? or is your ice-cream kind of soft in the freezer... how about ice - does it it freeze solid in your freezer?

Comment

this is off the subject a little but i use the 20%-they do stay frozen in my freezer...

but i was curious to those of u on the higher concentrations... how long did it take u to move up to those and do they make your eyes that much more comfortable/moist??? less inflammed??? i guess i am still uncertain if the drops are helping me.i am so up and down with the mgd and sjogrens.thanks.
          Jenny

Comment

Working...
          X