Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do higher concentration serum drops burn less?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do higher concentration serum drops burn less?

I don't know what the deal is, but every now and then I'll have a sort of bad day where my serum drops burn my eyes and they get somewhat irritated. It's not THAT serious, but I think it prevents me from using them as often as my doc recommends (4-6 drops daily--I can't do more than 4 when they're irritated like this). The only way I can describe it is that my eyes literally feel salty. Sometimes they will be a little bloodshot, too.

I'm not sure if it has to do with the drops not being as fresh (toward the end of the 5 day period) or if it is because I am on 50 percent serum. Either way, this is a mystery to me. For those of you who upped the concentration, were the drops more comfortable? Anyone experience a burning sensation with serum?

I started on 50% serum and asked to try the 100% as an experiment. I also recall noticing that "salty" feeling in the eyes from the 50% serum... I assumed it must be the saline they dilute it with maybe drying on my lashes and then the salt that was left behind from the saline washing into my eyes with whatever tears I did produce.

Anyhow, with the 100% serum, I have never gotten that "salty" feeling in my eyes which is fantastic.... one of the reasons why I like the feel of the 100% serum in my eyes much better. Honestly don't know if they WORK better for me than the 50%, but for sure they FEEL better to me.

Comment

Thanks, SAAG! I knew I wasn't imagining it! Now...on to convince doc to let me try the higher concentration, or at least 75%. My insurance doesn't cover serum drops anyway, and these things have zero side effects, so hopefully it won't matter much.

Comment

In the meantime, while you're waiting to try the 100%, maybe about 15 minutes after putting in your 50% serum drops you could shut your eyes tight and rinse off your lashes with tap water... seems to me that used to help keep the "salty" feeling to a minimum.

Comment

Working...
        X